Newbie

  • Robin Warner
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 20, 2001
      Hi!

      I have noticed that no matter how long one is on the internet. That person
      can never escape the "curse of the newbie." The major reason for this is
      that there are always new lists to join and new fandoms to enter...but at
      least I am a well experienced newbie.

      Name or Alias: Robin or Vedesca

      Fav shows: West Wing, X-Files, Gilmore Girls, Ed, Malcolm in the Middle,
      others that I cannot think of right now.

      Fav writers of fanfiction: Red, Cassandra Claire, Al, Echo Blackthorn

      Fav actors and actresses: Heath Ledger, David Duchovny, Reese Witherspoon,
      Cary Elwes,

      Webpage address: http://vedesca.stormpages.com/

      Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. However, I am a write-a-lot-post-very-little
      syndrome sufferer

      Do you beta-read: Yes, but not currently.

      The fanfiction you will beta read: Most anything for grammar/spelling/plot/.
      Harry Potter, LJ Smith and for most of the shows listed above for
      grammar/spelling/plot/characterization/etc. Also some music groups (I have a
      very eclectic music taste).

      Other: I am basically a book based beta-reader. I am fairly well read in
      classics, YA, horror and basic fiction.

      Well, that is a bit about my tastes. Other than that, I am nineteen, a
      junior in college with a major in english.

      Ciao,
      Robin

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 3, 2001
        Name or Alias: Desdemona

        Fav shows: Roswell, Daria, Gilmore Girls, 7th Heaven, Dharma and Greg,
        Will and Grace, and Beverly Hills 90201

        Fav writers of fanfiction: Too many to list

        Fav actors and actresses: Dean Cain, Tom Cruise, Cary Grant, Robin
        Williams, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and the casts of my fav shows.

        Webpage address: None.

        Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, but I haven't posted anything yet.

        Do you beta-read: Yes

        The fanfiction you will beta read: The above mentioned shows, plus JAG,
        Once and Again, The Practice, Ally McBeal, Frasier, Sabrina: The Teenage
        Witch, Law and Order (both the original and SVU), and Felicity; mostly
        for grammar, punctuation, and light characterization. I won't read male
        slash unless I can see it happening. However, I'll read female slash.

        The ratings of fiction you will beta read: PG-13 to NC-17

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      • Sidious Palpatine
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 4, 2001
          Name or Alias: depends on where you go on the
          Internet. I go by Prince Luke Skywalker on
          fanfiction.net, but that e-mail address was getting to
          full, so I use Palpatine_Sidious for this list
          Fav shows: Spellbinder, Murder She Wrote, Chips
          (havent' watched it in a while though)>
          Fav writers of fanfiction: I don't have a specific
          favorite
          Fav actors and actresses: don't really have any
          favorites>
          Webpage address:
          http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Cafe/7725

          and

          http://fan.starwars.com/starwarsinternetstory
          Do you write fanfiction?: Yes I do
          Do you beta-read: I might try to sometime, but I'm
          not sure if people would want me to beta....I need
          people to beta my things

          The fanfiction you will beta read: I'm not sure if I
          could
          The ratings of fiction you will beta read: If I did,
          then G- PG-13

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • chrysanthemum@mailbreak.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 22, 2001
            Hi everyone! Just introducing myself...

            Name or Alias: Chrysanthemum

            Fav shows: Used to be Buffy, but Dawn made me mad... now it's Whose
            Line is it Anyway

            Fav writers of fanfiction: torch, Auden, Ilah Sef, KC, lunaflower,
            Heidi the Plastic Prince

            Fav actors and actresses: Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie, Antonio
            Banderas, Nicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor

            Webpage address: www.dreamwater.net/chrys/index.html, and I'm
            creating a site just for my fic which will eventually be at
            user.netomia.com/chrysanthemum/index.html

            Do you write fanfiction?: I do; mostly Vampire Chronicles, and I once
            did a Buffy/VC crossover.

            Do you beta-read: I love to beta read! :)

            The fanfiction you will beta read: Vampire Chronicles and Savage
            Garden - I'm willing to read basically anything, but those two
            fandoms are the only ones I'm really familiar with.

            The ratings of fiction you will beta read: I'll do anything you care
            to throw at me. ;)

            ~Chrysanthemum~
          • Kali Sandison
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 22, 2001
              <<Fav shows: Used to be Buffy, but Dawn made me mad... now it's
              Whose Line is it Anyway>>

              Whoa! Quite a jump. But I understand completely. I was kinda
              hoping that with Glory gone, there would be no more reason for
              Dawn. Oh well.

              =====
              "Kali Sandison", Kalerian@...
              "It takes a lot of brains to enjoy humor, satire and wit-- but none to be offended by them."--The Midnight Skulker

              http://personals.yahoo.com
            • Devilish Angel
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 24, 2001
                Name or Alias: Kip/C. Blue

                Fav shows: Iron Chef, The X-Files, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, anything anime
                (except Pokemon, DBZ, and the like - never could get into those)

                Fav writers of fanfiction: Keelan August, purpleatheist

                Fav actors and actresses: Ioan Gruffudd (best known for role in "Horatio
                Hornblower"), Gillian Anderson, Lillian Gish, Alan Rickman, Ewan McGregor,
                Jude Law

                Webpage address: http://www.envy.nu/kateshouse, but that's down until New
                Year's Day.

                Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, but not as much as I used to, and the older
                stuff really sucks.

                Do you beta-read: If asked, I'll try to, but it depends on how much I've got
                on my plate and how bad the writer's block is.

                The fanfiction you will beta read: Harry Potter (het and slash, case by case
                basis), Koko wa Greenwood (no Mary Sues), Tenchi Muyo (ditto), plus all
                favorite shows (slash only for WLiiA?, certain pairings for XF)

                The ratings of fiction you will beta read: G to R, NC-17 if there's not too
                much violence or sex.

                Which reminds me - I'm looking for a beta myself. If there's anyone out
                there willing to beta-read what will be a long story (at least 8 chapters),
                a Snape/Hermione romance, kindly email me and I'll send along what I've got.

                Thank you!

                Kip

              • kerrisonr
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 15, 2001
                  Hello all.

                  My name is Kerry and I'm a newbie to this list. I'm currently seeking
                  assistance with my first Buffy fic. I'm an experienced author with
                  both Xena, DC, and Uber stories under my 'belt' as well as many
                  others.

                  The reason I'm asking for help is because this is, of course, my
                  first Buffy fic. I need to ensure characterization/dialog/etc.

                  The story is W/T-- therefore whomever is kind enough to beta read for
                  me should be able to read lesbian fiction without getting all icky.
                  (I'd appreciate it.)

                  I have both AIM and Yahoo! right now (i'm not on my own computer this
                  month) and would love to speak with my beta reader over IM.

                  If anyone is willing to help me with this story, I'd REALLY
                  appreciate it.

                  Thanks,
                  Kerry

                  AIM: KerrisonRose
                  Yahoo!: kerrisonr
                • thebluestofpeas
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 4, 2003
                    Hi! I'm new. ^_^ I'm just going to do a little intro on myself:

                    Name: Pandora

                    Will I beta: Yes.

                    What I will beta: Any Vegeta/Trunks or Frieza/Vegeta or
                    Vegeta/Zarbon pairing for Dragonball Z.

                    Favorite Fandoms: Dragonball Z and Harry Potter

                    Webpage: http://www.geocities.com/dragonballzyaoi/

                    Do I write fanfiction: Yes. Dragonball Z fandom. I do the yaoi.

                    Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list? What about
                    Harry Potter slash fans?

                    Glad to be here!

                    ~Pandora
                  • Abinikai
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 5, 2003
                      Yep! HP fan, right here! "Remus/Sirius forever!" is my belief! (though that could be just me...)

                      thebluestofpeas <tigersan00@...> wrote:
                      Hi!  I'm new.  ^_^  I'm just going to do a little intro on myself:

                      Name:  Pandora

                      Will I beta:  Yes.

                      What I will beta:  Any Vegeta/Trunks or Frieza/Vegeta or
                      Vegeta/Zarbon pairing for Dragonball Z.

                      Favorite Fandoms:  Dragonball Z and Harry Potter

                      Webpage:  http://www.geocities.com/dragonballzyaoi/

                      Do I write fanfiction:  Yes.  Dragonball Z fandom.  I do the yaoi.

                      Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list?  What about
                      Harry Potter slash fans?

                      Glad to be here!

                      ~Pandora

                      Do you Yahoo!?
                    • Pandora .
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 7, 2003
                        *glomps fellow slash fan, Abinikai*

                        I am SO Lucius/Severus. They are so evil and perfect together.

                        Remus is such a cutie, and Sirius such a fireball!

                        Yay for HP Slash!!

                        ~Pandora

                        > Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
                        > From: Abinikai <abinikai@...>
                        >Subject: Re: Newbie
                        >
                        >Yep! HP fan, right here! "Remus/Sirius forever!" is my belief! (though that
                        >could be just me...)
                        >

                        >Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list? What about
                        >Harry Potter slash fans?
                        >
                        >Glad to be here!
                        >
                        >~Pandora

                      • Abinikai
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 8, 2003
                          Hey! That hurt...owwww...Anyways, I believe Snape should die a lonely man and Lucius shbould burn in hell...though I CAN see them together every once in awhile for some hot, passionate, won't-talk-to-you-after-it's-finished sex...but again, that could be just me.

                          "Pandora ." <tigersan00@...> wrote:
                          *glomps fellow slash fan, Abinikai*

                          I am SO Lucius/Severus.  They are so evil and perfect together.

                          Remus is such a cutie, and Sirius such a fireball!

                          Yay for HP Slash!!

                          ~Pandora

                          >    Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
                          >    From: Abinikai <abinikai@...>
                          >Subject: Re: Newbie
                          >
                          >Yep! HP fan, right here! "Remus/Sirius forever!" is my belief! (though that
                          >could be just me...)
                          >

                          >Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list?  What about
                          >Harry Potter slash fans?
                          >
                          >Glad to be here!
                          >
                          >~Pandora

                          Do you Yahoo!?
                        • Pandora .
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 10, 2003
                            LOL. Wanna know something funny? I agree with you completely. But that's
                            why I love them. XD Now I am NOT trying to start an argument here. For
                            discussion's sake, why do you hate them?

                            Are we allowed to get off topic here, listmom?

                            Who do you see as the dominant person in a Remus/Sirius paring? They're one
                            of those couples that could go either way. IMO, my first inclination is to
                            say Sirius would be the "man" of the relationship. But then again, I've
                            read fics where there's a character you'd think would just have to be dom,
                            but then they're not. So...either way.

                            ~Pandora