Intro

  • Sylvie
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2001
      Oops! Just got this in my email and see that I should have
      introduced myself properly.

      Name or Alias: Sylvie

      > Fav shows: JAG, X-Files, The West Wing

      > Fav writers of fanfiction: Seeker/Leelee, Western Rose, Paula,
      Mojo/Jori, Lyrical Soul

      http://saradora.users5.50megs.com/AdmiralsPrivateQuarters.html

      > Do you write fanfiction?: Yes
      >
      > Do you beta-read: Yes, but currently have too much beta reading
      to do.

      > The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as
      > stated above. I can also check for grammar and spelling in
      > all other fics too! Or, I can ebert.
      >
      > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From R to NC-17

      ~S~

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • freekeygirl
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 14, 2002
        Name or Alias: Jills aka freekeygirl

        Fav shows: XWP, ER

        Fav writers of fanfiction:Melissa Good and Advocate

        Fav actors and actresses: Meryl Steep (ok yes I'm old), Tom
        Hanks, Julianna Margulies (well she's cute), Harvy Fierstein,
        Matthew Broderick, Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor, Patrick
        Stewart, Mel Harris, others I can't think of right now.

        Webpage address: None.

        Do you write fanfiction?: none that's been posted

        Do you beta-read: not yet

        The fanfiction you will beta read: Any that sound interesting

        The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Any

        Jills
      • knightsky
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22, 2002

          > Name or Alias: Erin

          > Fav series: Harry Potter, Stargate SG-1, Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series, Star Wars (original trilogy), VampChrons. I have a lingering fondness for old Battlestar Galactica episodes.

          > Fav writers of fanfiction: Irina, Midnight Blue, Devi the Wynter Wytch, Rushlight, Anais, Halrloprillalar.

          > Webpage address: http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/fictionlover/

          > Do you write fanfiction?: Not yet, but I have an idea that won't leave me alone. If I can get it typed out coherently, I'll be asking for a beta reader.

          > Do you beta-read: Yes. I've betaed some slash in the HP fandom, and I've reviewed classmates' work in creative writing classes in college.

          > The fanfiction you will beta read: As far as character dynamics go, I'm most comfortable with HP/GW and a couple of slash pairings in the HP fandom, J/D in the Stargate fandom and W/L in the Star Wars fandom. I'll beta a crossover fic if it involves any mixture of the fandoms listed in "Fav series," and I'd also be willing to tackle Battlestar Galactica fic out of pure sentimentality. I'm an English major, so I'm pretty good with grammar and even better with symbolism. I'd be happy to discuss plot, too.

          > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From G to NC-17. I'm not very squickable.

          Sign up for FREE iVillage newsletters.
          From health and pregnancy to shopping and relationships, iVillage
          has the scoop on what matters most to you.

        • Lillian
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 15, 2003
            Hi,

            I am new to the group and have been writing fanfiction for the last 6
            months. It's been suggested that I get a beta. I mostly write
            Smallville slash fiction. Mainly Lionel/anyone. If anyone is
            interested in looking at some of the stuff I've written, my website
            is attached. I'm looking for someone to not only go over grammar and
            story structure but give me an honest opinion about my work in
            general. Be brutal if you must.
          • Psychi
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 23 3:20 PM
              Name or Alias: Psychi/Blackpsychi

              Fav fandoms: Harry Potter, BtVS, Angel, Smallville,
              SG-1

              Fav writers of fanfiction: Saber Shadow Kitten,
              rageprufrock, suzvoy, seperis (Jen).

              Fav actors and actresses: Micheal Rosenbaum, Alyson
              Hannigan, John Glover.

              Webpage address: None.

              Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, and I need a beta
              reader.

              Do you beta-read: Not so far.

              The fanfiction you will beta read: From any book or
              show, etc. that I'm familiar with. I'm not great with
              proper grammar or spelling, but I can help with plot
              and characterization.