Re:[Beta_Unlimited] Beta needed

  • Evil Willow
    Message 1 of 20 , May 30, 2001
      Hi there, I saw your request for a beta and I wanted to let you know about a couple lists where you can get beta reaction on your fics. I'm the list mom of two yahoogroups that help Buffy or Angel authors get their fics beta'ed

      G to PG-13 rated fics:

      R and NC-17 rated fics:

      The only requirement for joining is that you be willing to help out with beta'ing if you see a fic that doesn't get any attention.

      Laters,
      Evil Willow

      Message 2 of 20 , May 30, 2001
        Sorry, I should've checked to make sure that email was going directly
        to the person who needed the info. Oops! Sorry again, list-owner(s) if
        I broke any rules with that accidental advertisement.

        Laters,
        Evil Willow
      • Caina Fuller

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 19, 2001
            I am looking for a beta reader with good knowledge of Highlander, B5,
            BtVS, Star Trek and A-team. I'm willing to return the favour and Beta
            for other people I have pretty good knowledge of the above serise.
            Must be prepared to read anything from Gen to N-17 maybe also help out
            with a little orginal fiction.

            Name or Alias: Nite, Fire bird, Darling_violetta (depends on where I
            am.)

            Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Highlander, A- team and Night
            Rider.

            Fav writers of fanfiction: Tessa Rae, Rory V. Pascual, Reckless, Red
            and Lore

            Fav actors and actresses: Alyson Hannigan, David Boreanaz, James
            Marsters, Emma Thompson (lots more than I don't have time to add)

            Webpage address: http://www.geocities.com/daisy_scheerhoorn/index.html

            Do you write fanfiction?: Yes

            Do you beta-read: More than willing have already had lots of
            experiance also work with non-native english speakers.
          • Heidi Haring
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 19, 2001
              I'm willing to read B5, Highlander, and Star Trek (DS9 is my forte but Voyager and TNG I know as well). Any rating is fine also.

              --

              On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:32:20
              Anita Jayne wrote:
              >I am looking for a beta reader with good knowledge of Highlander, B5,
              >BtVS, Star Trek and A-team. I'm willing to return the favour and Beta
              >for other people I have pretty good knowledge of the above serise.
              >Must be prepared to read anything from Gen to N-17 maybe also help out
              >with a little orginal fiction.
              >
              >Name or Alias: Nite, Fire bird, Darling_violetta (depends on where I
              >am.)
              >
              >Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Highlander, A- team and Night
              >Rider.
              >
              >Fav writers of fanfiction: Tessa Rae, Rory V. Pascual, Reckless, Red
              >and Lore
              >
              >Fav actors and actresses: Alyson Hannigan, David Boreanaz, James
              >Marsters, Emma Thompson (lots more than I don't have time to add)
              >

              >Webpage address: http://www.geocities.com/daisy_scheerhoorn/index.html
              >
              >Do you write fanfiction?: Yes
              >
              >Do you beta-read: More than willing have already had lots of
              >experiance also work with non-native english speakers.

              Get 250 color business cards for FREE!
            • ~~~ Sage
              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 21, 2001
                I need a beta reader for this new story I'm writing! It only has 3 parts and
                is un-finished. Heres the info:

                Title: Eternal Nightmare

                Author: Sage

                Rating: 18

                Spoilers: Secret Circle and The Night World

                Disclaimers: The Secret Circle and The Night World characters belong to L.J.
                Smith. The Characters from the movie Deeply: Claire is the only character
                I'll be using; belong to the director. Sera, Brae, and any others that you
                don't recognize are mine.

                Spoilers: The Secret Circle, The Night World, and The movie 'Deeply'

                for another gives its ease/And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair. ~William
                Blake; a.k.a. a classic love story.

                If you would like to beta it for then please e-mail me at
                thekey218@h...

              • GatorGirl
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                  Hi there,
                  I'm looking for someone to review an X-Files (Doggett
                  oriented )fic I'm working on. It is as yet unfinished,
                  but I would like to get a preliminary opinion. It is a
                  bit out of my usual writting realm. :-)

                  If you think you'd be at all interested, please
                  contact me off list.
                  Thanks,
                  Gatorgurl

                  http://greetings.yahoo.com
                • kdorian
                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 21, 2002
                    I am looking for a beta for a short (7K) one-part story with an R rating.

                    This is a slash story in the Buffy fandom, and deals with the
                    aftereffects of child molestation. Please note molestation is *not*
                    depicted in the story.

                    I am looking for one or more betas, with an emphasis on character
                    voice (Xander), phrasing, pacing, grammer, and punctuation.

                    If you're interested, please contact me at kdorian@...

                    Thanks!

                    kdorian
                  • cyeager1969
                    Message 9 of 20 , May 12, 2005
                      Would it be appropriate to post a story here and have it beta'ed
                      onlist?
                    • Dinofly
                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 3, 2005
                        Hi,
                        I'm trying to write in English, actually my second try. As you see my
                        English is BAD so I would need someone who can rewrite all sentences,
                        is good with gramar and word stock and isn't scared to write a lot of
                        critics how I should write better :). And if possible someone who
                        would be sometimes online on yahoo, msn, icq or related.
                        All my stories are slash and mostly NC-17, hutr-comfort, char death,
                        everything pain is in, never comedies. Right now I'm trying a
                        Superman-Batman story and still have to finish a Smallville fic.
                        Please help, I will be endlesly grateful.
                        Warning: I can't write short stories.
                        Dinofly
                      • Teara
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 28, 2006
                          I need a beta for a femslash That's So Raven Fanfic I just finished.
                          I'm looking for someone that's really familiar with the show. So if
                          you're interested in being my beta just reply to this post or email me
                          directly.

                          Teara
                        • Isis
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 29, 2006
                            Sorry, I don't beta just wanted to ask where you will post story? I really enjoy reading fanfic with diverse characters. I've been considering starting an interracial femslash group. Good luck with your search.

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 29, 2006

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 30, 2006
                                I'll be posting it on Fanfiction.net.