questions about beta reading
My name is Jae. I'm a writer and I'm putting together a list of
resources for beta readers (and writers who work with beta readers).
Since I'm not a beta reader, I thought I'd best ask someone who is or
at least has been a beta reader.
So here are the questions I have, if you're willing to share some of
IMPORTANT: Please put your answers in an email to jae_s1978 AT
yahoo.de - don't reply to this message on group!
1) How many writers/on how many stories do you currently work?
2) In which fandoms (name of the tv show, movie) / genres have you
3) What's your approach to beta reading? What do you do after you
receive the story from the writer?
4) What are the most important things a beta reader should do?
5) Are there some things a beta reader should avoid?
6) Do you use MS Word Track Changes or how do you mark your changes
7) Do you belong to any organizations (mailing lists etc.) for beta
readers or are you exchanging information about beta reading with
other beta readers?
8) Are there any good websites about beta reading that you know? Can
you provide a link?
9) Do you also write your own stories?
10) What could writers do to make working with beta readers easier or
11) Are there any resources (dictionaries, books, websites, fandom
specific things, e.g. websites or companions to TV shows) you
sometimes use when you beta read or that could be of help to less
experienced beta readers? Please name author/title or link to the
website, if you can.
Thank you and have a nice weekend!
P.S. Feel free to forward this to every beta reader you know.