Introduction

  • De Orakle
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 4, 2001
      Hullo, my name is Robin and I'm a fanficaholic *g* I've been writing
      fanfic for nearly 8 years, but I've only recently started working with beta
      readers. I've found that it makes me much happier with the end result, and
      cuts down on the embarrassing mistakes that I always seem to find after I
      post a story ;)

      Name or Alias: De Orakle

      Fav shows: Magnificent Seven, Angel, Star Trek, Once a Thief, Due South

      Fav writers of fanfiction: To name a very few - Deanna, Mona Ramsey, Lumina,
      Khirsah, Jane St.Clair, James...

      Webpage address: (coming soon) www.squidge.org/~de_orakle

      Do you write fanfiction?: Quite a bit, in quite a few fandoms.

      Do you beta-read: Unfortunately, I have enough problems working with my own
      writing ;)

    • Janice Cox
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 27, 2001
        Name or Alias: Janice Cox (jancox @ mediaone.net)

        Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Forever Knight, Poltergeist the
        Legacy, Wizards and Warriors, Dark Angel, Highlander, Ultraviolet

        Webpage address: www.coxwebs.net/jancox

        Do you write fanfiction?: You betcha. Mostly supernatural/fantasy
        stuff, but I'm trying to branch out. I hope to write professionally
        one of these days.

        Do you beta-read: Sure! I'd love to swap beta for beta, but am happy
        to help out anyone who honestly wants to improve. I'm good with plot
        details and action sequences, but not an English professor by any
        means.

        The fanfiction you will beta read: any of the shows listed above, and
        many others of SF/fantasy--please contact me for details. No anime or
        Harry Potter.

        I'm looking for a Forever Knight and/or Poltergeist the Legacy beta
        reader. Glad to have found you guys!

        Janice
      • Jo Lee
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 20, 2002
          Name or Alias: Amaltheia

          Fav shows: BVTS, West Wing, Angel, Mutant X, SG1, Smallville, Waking
          the Dead, Scrubs, Yes (Prime) Minister, Coupling, Star Trek in all
          it's forms, Bear in the Big Blue House, The Tweenies

          Fav writers of fanfiction: Minisinoo, Perri Smith, Nomad, Yatzee,
          Rheanna, Pixelvixen, Rho Sen & Jo and many many more.

          Fav actors and actresses: Anthony Stewart Head.

          Webpage address: http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=26781

          Do you write fanfiction?: Yep. See above

          Do you beta-read: If someone asks nicely.

          The fanfiction you will beta read: Any of my shows and probably
          others.

          The ratings of fiction you will beta read: There's nothing I
          catagorically wouldn't read. Ask me, I can only say no.
        • El-Nhuilna Circle
          Message 4 of 18 , May 8, 2003

            Name or Alias: El-Nhuilna
            Fav shows: Sentinel, Sailormoon, fantasy genres (RA Salvatore!)

            Fav writers of fanfiction: Alyjude (Sentinel), Candy Apple (Sentinel), Moonchild Abigail (Sailormoon), Himeko (Sailormoon), Scribe (various fandoms)

            Fav actors and actresses: Garrett Maggart, Richard Burgi, Drew Barrymore, Fann Wong

            Webpage address: None.

            Do you write fanfiction?: Sure.

            Do you beta-read: Nope.  I don't feel I have enough knowledge on my hands to make a good beta reader yet.  someday, though!

            The fanfiction you will beta read: If asked, I would beta read for The Sentinel and Sailor Moon fanfics

            The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From G to R

            ^ - ^  I hope to meet lots of good people on this list, and hopefully get a lot done with the help of all of you out there.

          • birdy2912
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003
              Hi! I'm aj's girl.

              Currently, I'm interested in X-men fiction, both comicverse and
              movieverse.

              My two favorite X-Men Fan Fiction Writers are Blu and Minisinoo

              Current favorite X-Men characters: Wolverine and Sabretooth
              All time favorite: Hank McCoy

              Favorite actor of all time: Sir Ian McKellen.
              Sexiest actor of all time: Hugh Jackman

              Webpage address: None.

              Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. Currently working on a fanfiction
              inspired by Frank Tieri's "Weapon X."

              Do you beta-read: Yes. However, at the moment, I'd be more
              interested in beta-reading any X-Men stories that are not exclusively
              romantic. Will do all ratings, G-NC17. Not at all put off by
              slash. Can do a basic check for grammar and spelling, or if there is
              a mutual interest, more in-depth editorial work. I'm trained. :-)
            • Kali Sandison
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003

                <<All time favorite: Hank McCoy>>

                Woo Hoo!  Somebody else who likes Hank!  So nice to hear I'm not the only one.  Is your fic archived some place where we can read it?

                Kali Sandison, Kalerian@...
                "Mistress Kali"
                IRB--Anubis
                Provisional keeper of the pickles and asiago cheese in the Vecchio fridge in RWoB
                "It takes a lot of brains to enjoy humor, satire and wit-- but none to be offended by them."--The Midnight Skulker

                Do you Yahoo!?
              • birdy2912
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003
                  --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, Kali Sandison <kalerian@y...>
                  wrote:

                  > <<All time favorite: Hank McCoy>>
                  >
                  > Woo Hoo! Somebody else who likes Hank! So nice to hear I'm not
                  the only one. Is your fic archived some place where we can read it?

                  > Kali Sandison, Kalerian@y...
                  > "Mistress Kali"
                  > IRB--Anubis
                  > Provisional keeper of the pickles and asiago cheese in the Vecchio
                  fridge in RWoB
                  > "It takes a lot of brains to enjoy humor, satire and wit-- but none
                  to be offended by them."--The Midnight Skulker

                  > ---------------------------------
                  -- Hi, Kali. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow fan of the popular,
                  ever lovin', ever bouncing Beast!

                  Unfortunately, I haven't written any Beast fics, not yet anyway.
                  Right now, I'm working on my first fan fiction, a Weapon X story
                  featuring Sabretooth, Agent Jackson and Wild Child. (as far as my
                  editing skills go, I have been writing short stories for a number of
                  years, just not fan fiction.)

                  When I'm finished with my Weapon X story, I'll be asking for a
                  beta...should be in a couple of weeks. So, if you interested, let me
                  know. I'll be free then to beta read, as well.

                  Hmm...got to think of a good plot for Hank.

                  Sharon T.
                • ladyamothea
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 24, 2003
                    Online name: Amothea

                    Fav shows: stargate SG-1, Farscape, Buffy, Angel, Smallville,
                    Highlander, X-Files (not the last 3 seasons of it), and Star Trek.

                    Fav writers of fanfiction: too many to list

                    Fav actors and actresses: Josh Hartnet, Eliza Dushku, and Collin
                    Farrel

                    Webpage address: http://amothea.slashcity.com/

                    Do you write fanfiction?: Yes

                    Do you beta-read: Yes, but not for many people.

                    The fanfiction you will beta read: Just about anything that sounds
                    interesting.

                    The ratings of fiction you will beta read: R-NC-17 I'm not a big fan
                    of G rated stories and avoid them like the plague.
                  • RedYume@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 16, 2003
                      Name or Alias: Ari

                      Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu Yasha, Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an anime fan walks among you).

                      Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS Friedman, Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.

                      Fav actors and actresses: None

                      Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume

                      Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.

                      Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other Otaku out there in need of a beta?

                      The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section. I'll beta read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm familiar with. Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar as well.

                      The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the ladder! Up to NC-17
                    • Emily Vitori
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 17, 2003
                        Greetings!

                        I am a fellow Anime lover, as well as a big fan of Terry Brooks! :)
                        He came to a book store here in Ohio, and I now have the first three
                        Shanara books signed by him. :) :) They are old and beaten books that
                        were handed down to me by my sister when I was a child, and now they
                        mean even more to me. I love Terry Brooks writing, as well as the
                        Magic Kingdom For Sale series, and the one with the girl who was
                        guardian of the woods from evil...what was that thing called? Dang it!

                        Anyway, I love Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Appleseed, Lodus War, A.D.
                        Police, Bubblegum Crisis, and many more if you ever need a beta
                        reader. ;)

                        Unfortunately, my work is strictly Marvel at the moment.

                        Nice to meet you! :)

                        -Syreene aka Emily

                        --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, RedYume@a... wrote:
                        > Name or Alias: Ari
                        >
                        > Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu
                        Yasha,
                        > Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an
                        anime fan walks
                        > among you).
                        >
                        > Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS
                        Friedman,
                        > Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.
                        >
                        > Fav actors and actresses: None
                        >
                        > Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume
                        >
                        > Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.
                        >
                        > Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other
                        Otaku out
                        > there in need of a beta?
                        >
                        > The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section.
                        I'll beta
                        > read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm
                        familiar with.
                        > Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar
                        as well.

                        > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the
                        ladder! Up to
                        > NC-17
                      • Cari Westbrook
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 17, 2003
                          Okay, though I usually berate myself afterwards for actually speaking, I must say that I have one of the Magic Kingdom for Sale books and must ask if it's good. Though I have tried reading it, I only got a little ways into it b/c of other books that came out (namely Harry Potter). I'm not saying it's bad, but I just wanted to know. Oh, and I'm a big Animae fan, too. I love Fushugi Yugi, Gundam Wing, Inu Yasha, Vampire Hunter D, Chobits, Ranma 1/2 and almost anything else that's discussed in dear old Animae Club.

                          Emily Vitori <syreene@...> wrote:
                          Greetings!

                          I am a fellow Anime lover, as well as a big fan of Terry Brooks! :)
                          He came to a book store here in Ohio, and I now have the first three
                          Shanara books signed by him. :) :) They are old and beaten books that
                          were handed down to me by my sister when I was a child, and now they
                          mean even more to me. I love Terry Brooks writing, as well as the
                          Magic Kingdom For Sale series, and the one with the girl who was
                          guardian of the woods from evil...what was that thing called? Dang it!

                          Anyway, I love Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Appleseed, Lodus War, A.D.
                          Police, Bubblegum Crisis, and many more if you ever need a beta
                          reader. ;)

                          Unfortunately, my work is strictly Marvel at the moment.

                          Nice to meet you! :)

                          -Syreene aka Emily

                          --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, RedYume@a... wrote:
                          > Name or Alias: Ari
                          >
                          > Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu
                          Yasha,
                          > Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an
                          anime fan walks
                          > among you).
                          >
                          > Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS
                          Friedman,
                          > Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.
                          >
                          > Fav actors and actresses: None
                          >
                          > Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume
                          >
                          > Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.
                          >
                          > Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other
                          Otaku out
                          > there in need of a beta?
                          >
                          > The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section.
                          I'll beta
                          > read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm
                          familiar with.
                          > Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar
                          as well.

                          > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the
                          ladder! Up to
                          > NC-17

                          Do you Yahoo!?
                        • Marilyn Marsh
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
                            Hi, thought I would just put my info out there. My name is Myrrhlynn
                            and I LOVE fanfiction. I personally think it is some of the most
                            creative stuff out there. Love reading it, just to see where people
                            will go with some of my favorite stories. Anyway, I joined because,
                            well, I just started my first year in collage after being out of
                            school for 17 years, Yes, I'm that old, and I am majoring in writing.
                            I have edited several other pieces of fic just for fun and I thought
                            I would put myself out as a beta reader and actually try to help
                            someone out. Also, I hope to work up some cahona's to put out some of
                            my own work. I have put out some of my fanfic poetry before, just not
                            my stories.
                            So, I am a Babyloin 5 fan, CSI( any of them), Law & Order, The Sheild
                            (I absolutly LOVE Michael Chiklis!!!) Buffy, Charmed, Smallville,
                            Nip/Tuck, Forever Knight, Movies and books, I'm a vampire/ fantasy
                            chick. I really like well written adult or slash fic. Erotica rocks!!
                            And I have done some filking in the past. I might post my Forever
                            knight filk I did and am quite proud of. It took me almost a year to
                            write it, but I am really happy how it turned out. I have a Babylon 5
                            filk I started awhile ago, but have been quite stuck.
                            So, if anyone would like my input or help, I'm out here.

                            Myrrhlynn
                          • marimc25
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 5, 2006
                              Name or Alias: Maryilee

                              Fav shows: Early Edition, Quantum Leap, Grey's Anatomy, Emergency and
                              House.

                              Fav writers of fanfiction: peregrin anna, inkling

                              Fav actors and actresses: Kyle Chandler,

                              Webpage address: None.

                              Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, I wrote my first fanfic in about 1997

                              Do you beta-read: I have, but not for quite awhile. I took about six
                              years off to have another child. ;-)

                              The fanfiction you will beta read: I can read stuff from Emergency,
                              House, Early Edition and Quantum Leap.

                              The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Doesn't matter, but I'm
                              not interested in beta reading slash fic. Just not my cup of tea. ;-)
                            • Lissie Girl
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 17, 2007
                                Hey, new member here.  Just joined.

                                Name or Alias: BehrBeMine

                                Fav shows: 'Everwood', 'Gilmore Girls', 'Dawson's Creek', 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', 'Angel', 'Veronica Mars', 'Supernatural', 'Smallville', '7th Heaven', 'Felicity'...  Fandom whore?  That's me.

                                Fav writers of fanfiction: Anyone who constructs something beautiful.  Also, Aurora, Elaida, SexyMermaid...

                                Fav actors and actresses: Elijah Wood <3, Emily VanCamp, Gregory Smith, Orlando Bloom, Shiri Appleby, Jason Behr, Joshua Jackson, Katie Holmes, Alexis Bledel, Jared Padalecki, Chad Michael Murray.  Oh, just make me stop.

                                Webpage address: http://www.behrbemine.com/solemn/

                                Do you write fanfiction?: Oh, yes.  I have several archives, but the one listed above is for my fic alone.

                                Do you beta-read: I have very often in the past.  I'm having to take a break from it at the current time due to an illness.  But I want to have my information posted here for when I am able to jump back into it, for I enjoy doing it.

                                The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.  And I'm also into other fandoms, as well, such as Real People Fic -- LOTR Cast, Figure Skaters, Boy Bands; and I enjoy fanfiction based on books, as well.  My spectrum is very wide.  And I'm also open to exploring new fandoms that I have yet to touch, willing to check the spelling and grammar, anything that I can.  I love to help.

                                The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

                                Elise
                                - -
                                "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.  Be brave.  Live.  For me."
                                -- 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
                                - -
                                http://www.behrbemine.com/
                              • littlebell1984
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 19, 2007
                                  Hey,
                                  I´m new to this group an like to introduce myself.

                                  Name or Alias: littlebell1984

                                  Fav shows: JAG, Stargate, Buffy, X-Files

                                  Fav writers of fanfiction: I have so many..

                                  Fav actors and actresses: Cathrine Bell, David James Elliott, Teryl
                                  Rothery, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Richard Dean Anderson...

                                  Webpage address: Don´t have one

                                  Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. I write in German, but i try to write
                                  in english.

                                  Do you beta-read: Don´t think, that my Grammer is good enough for
                                  that. But if you have some German fics, i´m willing to try. I can
                                  also help if someone want translating fics into German.

                                  The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.

                                  The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

                                  Littlebell1984