Re: Spam overload... new group?

  • Debby Andrede
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
      --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "Romanse" <res8rtnx@...> wrote:
      > > Don't give up on the list. There are moderators who do their
      > best to keep up with the spam.
      > >

      > I'm just not seeing that at all. For those of us who get digest,
      we
      > are subjected to all that offensive, spam. There's no filter for
      > that. As for what the moderators are and are not doing: ONE
      moderater
      > needs to screen the postings of new members. PERIOD. I'm NOT
      being
      > cruel, just stating a fact: If there is not one moderator who is
      > willing to do that, it's time for new one(s) or a new list.

      I know many lists suffer through spam and I see the moderators
      working to keep it at bay. But I agree that I don't think that's
      going on here. As far as I can tell when looking at the membership
      list for an owner/moderator, there is only one moderator listed and
      his/her emails are bouncing. The spam problem appears, by looking at
      the message archive, to have been going on unchecked for some long
      time. All indications are that we're on our own.

      Debby
      entlzha@...
      Read my fanfiction at www.geocities.com/entlzha
    • Romanse
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
        --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "Debby Andrede" <entlzha@...>
        wrote:
        The spam problem appears, by looking at
        > the message archive, to have been going on unchecked for some long
        > time. All indications are that we're on our own.
        >
        > Debby
        > entlzha@...
        > Read my fanfiction at www.geocities.com/entlzha

        Sigh...well, looking at the recent posts lately, I've just decided to
        unsub. I don't think there's anything wrong with starting a new Beta
        Unlimited II group with all new member postings being moderated. I
        hope that's what happens and that I'll hear about it.

        Romanse