Re: [Beta_Unlimited] Re: Spam overload... new group?

  • Kerrisonr
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
      I'll be happy to moderate. Sign me up.

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Romanse <res8rtnx@...>
      To: Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2007 12:57:43 PM
      Subject: [Beta_Unlimited] Re: Spam overload... new group?

      --- In Beta_Unlimited@ yahoogroups. com, "M. E. Tudor" <me_tudor@.. .>
      wrote:

      > Debby,
      >
      > Don't give up on the list. There are moderators who do their best
      to keep up with the spam.

      I'm just not seeing that at all. For those of us who get digest, we
      are subjected to all that offensive, spam. There's no filter for
      that. As for what the moderators are and are not doing: ONE moderater
      needs to screen the postings of new members. PERIOD. I'm NOT being
      cruel, just stating a fact: If there is not one moderator who is
      willing to do that, it's time for new one(s) or a new list.

      Romanse

    • Debby Andrede
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
        --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "Romanse" <res8rtnx@...> wrote:
        > > Don't give up on the list. There are moderators who do their
        > best to keep up with the spam.
        > >

        > I'm just not seeing that at all. For those of us who get digest,
        we
        > are subjected to all that offensive, spam. There's no filter for
        > that. As for what the moderators are and are not doing: ONE
        moderater
        > needs to screen the postings of new members. PERIOD. I'm NOT
        being
        > cruel, just stating a fact: If there is not one moderator who is
        > willing to do that, it's time for new one(s) or a new list.

        I know many lists suffer through spam and I see the moderators
        working to keep it at bay. But I agree that I don't think that's
        going on here. As far as I can tell when looking at the membership
        list for an owner/moderator, there is only one moderator listed and
        his/her emails are bouncing. The spam problem appears, by looking at
        the message archive, to have been going on unchecked for some long
        time. All indications are that we're on our own.

        Debby
        entlzha@...
        Read my fanfiction at www.geocities.com/entlzha
      • Romanse
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
          --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "Debby Andrede" <entlzha@...>
          wrote:
          The spam problem appears, by looking at
          > the message archive, to have been going on unchecked for some long
          > time. All indications are that we're on our own.
          >
          > Debby
          > entlzha@...
          > Read my fanfiction at www.geocities.com/entlzha

          Sigh...well, looking at the recent posts lately, I've just decided to
          unsub. I don't think there's anything wrong with starting a new Beta
          Unlimited II group with all new member postings being moderated. I
          hope that's what happens and that I'll hear about it.

          Romanse