Just joined

  • Debby
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2007
      I just joined the group, as I'm getting back into the fanfic world
      after a bit of time away. I can beta-read/edit for most scifi series
      and a few mainstream ones. No slash, please. Let me know if I can
      help, but please understand that I do give serious, constructive
      criticism.

      Debby
      entlzha@...
    • littlewing1969
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2007
        Hello Debby.

        My name is Janis. I am an extreme newbie of fanfiction and I need help.
        I am a fan of Law & Order SVU and have been reading fanfics of the show
        for over a year now. I've enjoyed reading the romance stories of
        character Elliot Stabler that I thought I would take a chance and write
        a story myself. So far I have written 10 chapters but only posted one
        chapter on FanFiction.net and SVUFiction.com. Posting on FanFiction.net
        was easy but SVUFiction.com is strictly moderated. I received an email
        from one of the moderators indicating my first chapter had too many
        punctuation errors to post on their website. The moderator suggested
        that I consult a beta reader.

        I see that you prefer no slash stories. Even though Law & Order SVU
        features horrific crimes, especially against women and children, my
        story does not give details to the crime . My story would be considered
        an erotic romance with angst, having a "mature" rating. I don't know
        how comfortable or familiar you are with erotica. If you ever heard of
        Harlequin Romance's Blaze series, that's how I would describe the level
        of erotica in my story.

        So if you're interested, I would greatly appreciate it if you would
        beta read my story. You can see the first chapter on FanFiction.net. My
        pen name is littlewing1969 and the story is called "Release".

        Thank you for your consideration.

        Janis

        --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "Debby" <entlzha@...> wrote:

        > I just joined the group, as I'm getting back into the fanfic world
        > after a bit of time away. I can beta-read/edit for most scifi series
        > and a few mainstream ones. No slash, please. Let me know if I can
        > help, but please understand that I do give serious, constructive
        > criticism.
        >
        > Debby
        > entlzha@...

      • Debby Andrede
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2007
          Hi Janis,

          Although it doesn't sound like my cup of tea, I can help you with
          your punctuation/grammar issues easily enough. I don't deal well
          with FF.net, so just email me the actual chapter and I'll go through
          it today or tomorrow.

          Debby
          entlzha@...
          www.geocities.com/entlzha