Newbie

  • Dinah
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 16, 2001
      Hi, I just subrscribed to the list, mainly because I love Fanfic and
      I love to beta-read.

      My favorite Shows are : HL:The Series, HL:The Raven, Xena:WP,
      Charmed, Ally McBeal, Early Edition, The Sentinel, Buffy, Angel, Star
      Trek and then some.

      At the moment, I'm betaing a Harry Potter Story. Another Fandom where
      I know my way around <g>. And I love the darkover books by Marion
      Zimmer Bradley and the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.

      I write FanFic, too, but I just never manage to get a story finished.
      I have about 20 different tries in different Fandoms floating around
      my harddrive :-(

      I can Beta all of the above, for plot holes, grammar, spelling,
      punctuation... And I'll beta anything, from PG to NC-17, from het to
      slash, no problem.

      Should I mention that I'm known as the Plot Monster? *cackle*

      Looking forward to the story exchange.

      Dinah
    • saveangel@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2, 2001
        Name or Alias: Seersha

        Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Charmed, Friends, Sea
        Change (I miss that show!!)

        Fav writers of fanfiction: (I couldn't possibly name them all, so
        here's a few) Ducks, Harpy, Serena, Rebecca Carefoot, Chelle, Kita,
        Maayan.

        Fav actors and actresses: David Boreanaz, James
        Marsters, Charisma Carpenter, Eliza Dushku, Kevin Spacey, Hugh
        Jackman.

        Webpage address: http://www.geocities.com/saveangel/index.html

        Do you write fanfiction?: Of course but I have yet to post.

        Do you beta-read: I haven't yet, but I'm willing to give it a go!

        The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated
        above. I'm more in tune with Angel and Buffy stuff.

      • CrystalRoses16@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 12 9:09 PM

          Hi ,

           I am Crystal Roses and I'm new to the group .  I like to write mostly anime
          fandom ,SF,fantsy , and so forth .

          You  know  what ?  I was  wrong.You are an idiot.My life happens to on
          occasion,suck beyond the telling of it.Sometimes more then I can handle.And
          it's not just mine.Every single person down there is ignoring you're pain
          because the're too busy with their own.

           The  beautifel  ones.The popular one.The guys that pick on you.Everyone.If
          you could hear what they were feeling.The loneliness,the confussion.It looks
          wuiet  down there.It's not.It's  deafening.

          - "  Earshot"  Jane  Espenson '  Buffy  the  Vampire  Slayer'

          Crystal Roses

        • Robin Warner
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 20, 2001
            Hi!

            I have noticed that no matter how long one is on the internet. That person
            can never escape the "curse of the newbie." The major reason for this is
            that there are always new lists to join and new fandoms to enter...but at
            least I am a well experienced newbie.

            Name or Alias: Robin or Vedesca

            Fav shows: West Wing, X-Files, Gilmore Girls, Ed, Malcolm in the Middle,
            others that I cannot think of right now.

            Fav writers of fanfiction: Red, Cassandra Claire, Al, Echo Blackthorn

            Fav actors and actresses: Heath Ledger, David Duchovny, Reese Witherspoon,
            Cary Elwes,

            Webpage address: http://vedesca.stormpages.com/

            Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. However, I am a write-a-lot-post-very-little
            syndrome sufferer

            Do you beta-read: Yes, but not currently.

            The fanfiction you will beta read: Most anything for grammar/spelling/plot/.
            Harry Potter, LJ Smith and for most of the shows listed above for
            grammar/spelling/plot/characterization/etc. Also some music groups (I have a
            very eclectic music taste).

            Other: I am basically a book based beta-reader. I am fairly well read in
            classics, YA, horror and basic fiction.

            Well, that is a bit about my tastes. Other than that, I am nineteen, a
            junior in college with a major in english.

            Ciao,
            Robin

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 3, 2001
              Name or Alias: Desdemona

              Fav shows: Roswell, Daria, Gilmore Girls, 7th Heaven, Dharma and Greg,
              Will and Grace, and Beverly Hills 90201

              Fav writers of fanfiction: Too many to list

              Fav actors and actresses: Dean Cain, Tom Cruise, Cary Grant, Robin
              Williams, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and the casts of my fav shows.

              Webpage address: None.

              Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, but I haven't posted anything yet.

              Do you beta-read: Yes

              The fanfiction you will beta read: The above mentioned shows, plus JAG,
              Once and Again, The Practice, Ally McBeal, Frasier, Sabrina: The Teenage
              Witch, Law and Order (both the original and SVU), and Felicity; mostly
              for grammar, punctuation, and light characterization. I won't read male
              slash unless I can see it happening. However, I'll read female slash.

              The ratings of fiction you will beta read: PG-13 to NC-17

              GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
              http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
            • Sidious Palpatine
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 4, 2001
                Name or Alias: depends on where you go on the
                Internet. I go by Prince Luke Skywalker on
                fanfiction.net, but that e-mail address was getting to
                full, so I use Palpatine_Sidious for this list
                Fav shows: Spellbinder, Murder She Wrote, Chips
                (havent' watched it in a while though)>
                Fav writers of fanfiction: I don't have a specific
                favorite
                Fav actors and actresses: don't really have any
                favorites>
                Webpage address:
                http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Cafe/7725

                and

                http://fan.starwars.com/starwarsinternetstory
                Do you write fanfiction?: Yes I do
                Do you beta-read: I might try to sometime, but I'm
                not sure if people would want me to beta....I need
                people to beta my things

                The fanfiction you will beta read: I'm not sure if I
                could
                The ratings of fiction you will beta read: If I did,
                then G- PG-13

                http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
              • chrysanthemum@mailbreak.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 22, 2001
                  Hi everyone! Just introducing myself...

                  Name or Alias: Chrysanthemum

                  Fav shows: Used to be Buffy, but Dawn made me mad... now it's Whose
                  Line is it Anyway

                  Fav writers of fanfiction: torch, Auden, Ilah Sef, KC, lunaflower,
                  Heidi the Plastic Prince

                  Fav actors and actresses: Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie, Antonio
                  Banderas, Nicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor

                  Webpage address: www.dreamwater.net/chrys/index.html, and I'm
                  creating a site just for my fic which will eventually be at
                  user.netomia.com/chrysanthemum/index.html

                  Do you write fanfiction?: I do; mostly Vampire Chronicles, and I once
                  did a Buffy/VC crossover.

                  Do you beta-read: I love to beta read! :)

                  The fanfiction you will beta read: Vampire Chronicles and Savage
                  Garden - I'm willing to read basically anything, but those two
                  fandoms are the only ones I'm really familiar with.

                  The ratings of fiction you will beta read: I'll do anything you care
                  to throw at me. ;)

                  ~Chrysanthemum~
                • Kali Sandison
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 22, 2001
                    <<Fav shows: Used to be Buffy, but Dawn made me mad... now it's
                    Whose Line is it Anyway>>

                    Whoa! Quite a jump. But I understand completely. I was kinda
                    hoping that with Glory gone, there would be no more reason for
                    Dawn. Oh well.

                    =====
                    "Kali Sandison", Kalerian@...
                    "It takes a lot of brains to enjoy humor, satire and wit-- but none to be offended by them."--The Midnight Skulker

                    http://personals.yahoo.com
                  • Devilish Angel
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 24, 2001
                      Name or Alias: Kip/C. Blue

                      Fav shows: Iron Chef, The X-Files, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, anything anime
                      (except Pokemon, DBZ, and the like - never could get into those)

                      Fav writers of fanfiction: Keelan August, purpleatheist

                      Fav actors and actresses: Ioan Gruffudd (best known for role in "Horatio
                      Hornblower"), Gillian Anderson, Lillian Gish, Alan Rickman, Ewan McGregor,
                      Jude Law

                      Webpage address: http://www.envy.nu/kateshouse, but that's down until New
                      Year's Day.

                      Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, but not as much as I used to, and the older
                      stuff really sucks.

                      Do you beta-read: If asked, I'll try to, but it depends on how much I've got
                      on my plate and how bad the writer's block is.

                      The fanfiction you will beta read: Harry Potter (het and slash, case by case
                      basis), Koko wa Greenwood (no Mary Sues), Tenchi Muyo (ditto), plus all
                      favorite shows (slash only for WLiiA?, certain pairings for XF)

                      The ratings of fiction you will beta read: G to R, NC-17 if there's not too
                      much violence or sex.

                      Which reminds me - I'm looking for a beta myself. If there's anyone out
                      there willing to beta-read what will be a long story (at least 8 chapters),
                      a Snape/Hermione romance, kindly email me and I'll send along what I've got.

                      Thank you!

                      Kip

                    • kerrisonr
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 15, 2001
                        Hello all.

                        My name is Kerry and I'm a newbie to this list. I'm currently seeking
                        assistance with my first Buffy fic. I'm an experienced author with
                        both Xena, DC, and Uber stories under my 'belt' as well as many
                        others.

                        The reason I'm asking for help is because this is, of course, my
                        first Buffy fic. I need to ensure characterization/dialog/etc.

                        The story is W/T-- therefore whomever is kind enough to beta read for
                        me should be able to read lesbian fiction without getting all icky.
                        (I'd appreciate it.)

                        I have both AIM and Yahoo! right now (i'm not on my own computer this
                        month) and would love to speak with my beta reader over IM.

                        If anyone is willing to help me with this story, I'd REALLY
                        appreciate it.

                        Thanks,
                        Kerry

                        AIM: KerrisonRose
                        Yahoo!: kerrisonr
                      • thebluestofpeas
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 4, 2003
                          Hi! I'm new. ^_^ I'm just going to do a little intro on myself:

                          Name: Pandora

                          Will I beta: Yes.

                          What I will beta: Any Vegeta/Trunks or Frieza/Vegeta or
                          Vegeta/Zarbon pairing for Dragonball Z.

                          Favorite Fandoms: Dragonball Z and Harry Potter

                          Webpage: http://www.geocities.com/dragonballzyaoi/

                          Do I write fanfiction: Yes. Dragonball Z fandom. I do the yaoi.

                          Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list? What about
                          Harry Potter slash fans?

                          Glad to be here!

                          ~Pandora
                        • Abinikai
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 5, 2003
                            Yep! HP fan, right here! "Remus/Sirius forever!" is my belief! (though that could be just me...)

                            thebluestofpeas <tigersan00@...> wrote:
                            Hi!  I'm new.  ^_^  I'm just going to do a little intro on myself:

                            Name:  Pandora

                            Will I beta:  Yes.

                            What I will beta:  Any Vegeta/Trunks or Frieza/Vegeta or
                            Vegeta/Zarbon pairing for Dragonball Z.

                            Favorite Fandoms:  Dragonball Z and Harry Potter

                            Webpage:  http://www.geocities.com/dragonballzyaoi/

                            Do I write fanfiction:  Yes.  Dragonball Z fandom.  I do the yaoi.

                            Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list?  What about
                            Harry Potter slash fans?

                            Glad to be here!

                            ~Pandora

                            Do you Yahoo!?
                          • Pandora .
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 7, 2003
                              *glomps fellow slash fan, Abinikai*

                              I am SO Lucius/Severus. They are so evil and perfect together.

                              Remus is such a cutie, and Sirius such a fireball!

                              Yay for HP Slash!!

                              ~Pandora

                              > Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
                              > From: Abinikai <abinikai@...>
                              >Subject: Re: Newbie
                              >
                              >Yep! HP fan, right here! "Remus/Sirius forever!" is my belief! (though that
                              >could be just me...)
                              >

                              >Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list? What about
                              >Harry Potter slash fans?
                              >
                              >Glad to be here!
                              >
                              >~Pandora

                            • Abinikai
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 8, 2003
                                Hey! That hurt...owwww...Anyways, I believe Snape should die a lonely man and Lucius shbould burn in hell...though I CAN see them together every once in awhile for some hot, passionate, won't-talk-to-you-after-it's-finished sex...but again, that could be just me.

                                "Pandora ." <tigersan00@...> wrote:
                                *glomps fellow slash fan, Abinikai*

                                I am SO Lucius/Severus.  They are so evil and perfect together.

                                Remus is such a cutie, and Sirius such a fireball!

                                Yay for HP Slash!!

                                ~Pandora

                                >    Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
                                >    From: Abinikai <abinikai@...>
                                >Subject: Re: Newbie
                                >
                                >Yep! HP fan, right here! "Remus/Sirius forever!" is my belief! (though that
                                >could be just me...)
                                >

                                >Are there any other Dragonball Z yaoi fans on the list?  What about
                                >Harry Potter slash fans?
                                >
                                >Glad to be here!
                                >
                                >~Pandora

                                Do you Yahoo!?
                              • Pandora .
                                Message 15 of 15 , Aug 10, 2003
                                  LOL. Wanna know something funny? I agree with you completely. But that's
                                  why I love them. XD Now I am NOT trying to start an argument here. For
                                  discussion's sake, why do you hate them?

                                  Are we allowed to get off topic here, listmom?

                                  Who do you see as the dominant person in a Remus/Sirius paring? They're one
                                  of those couples that could go either way. IMO, my first inclination is to
                                  say Sirius would be the "man" of the relationship. But then again, I've
                                  read fics where there's a character you'd think would just have to be dom,
                                  but then they're not. So...either way.

                                  ~Pandora