HELP!!! need beta for Supernatural story

  • dog_stole_the_weblesite
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2007
      Hey everyone
      I would really, really, really love someone who is willing to beta my
      new story based on the show Supernatural. Its a work in progress at
      the moment and I am currently working on chapter 16. I need someone to
      check things like my spelling and grammer. I really wanna share my
      story with others but i cant unless i get it beta-ed so please help.
      Bye
    • kathleencsmith1963
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2007
        --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "dog_stole_the_weblesite"
        <dog_stole_the_weblesite@...> wrote:

        > Hey everyone
        > I would really, really, really love someone who is willing to beta
        my
        > new story based on the show Supernatural. Its a work in progress at
        > the moment and I am currently working on chapter 16. I need someone
        > check things like my spelling and grammer. I really wanna share my
        > story with others but i cant unless i get it beta-ed so please help.
        > Bye
        >hey there! i'm willing to help; but you need to be more specific
        about the story: what kind of story is it? if it's gen/slash/h/c
        what ever is fine EXCEPT i do not read consenting incest stories, or
        s&m.

        you're also a bit vague on what you want done as far as a beta is
        concerned. i can beta one of two ways for you. either i can just
        look for (A) grammar, spelling and syntax issues only, or (B) i can
        do all that, and look at continuity and phraseology of your piece; in
        other words, see where makes sense, where it doesn't, when something
        could be said better, more concise, rearranged...whatever will help
        with the story flow. i usually only comment on characterization IF
        the characters behave inconsistently in your story, or if your
        portrayal of a known character seems way "off." the second method is
        obviously a bit more heavy-handed than the first. so it's up to you
        how much or how little you want me to do. either way, the
        suggestions of changes i make are just that---suggestions. it is
        your story, and therefore ENTIRELY up to you whether or not you take
        any or all of them. it will not break my heart if you don't use one
        of those suggestions.

        if this is good for you, then go ahead and send the chapters
        (separately!)that you've got done so far, and i'll get to work on it
        for you.
        kcs;)