Re: beta and writer over here!

  • kathleencsmith1963
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
      thanks, mary! sorry i wasn't around, but i just kinda stumbled across
      this list yesterday, lol!
      i enjoy a lot more shows/movies than i have listed. my tastes are
      fairly broad; i love a lot of stuff...from firefly to shakespeare and
      back again, and whatever else inbetween,lol.
      anyway, would love to beta for ya next time you're looking for one. i
      generally will ask three people to beta, because i have found that
      picking three beta's with different strengths helps catch errors and
      improves my phrasing. if i'm stuck on a tense or phrase, i'll often
      just stick something in there to fill in until either i figure out
      something better, or one of the beta's catches it and suggests the best
      alternative.
      thanks for the welcome!
      kcs;)

      > Welcome to the list, Kathleen. :-) Where were you a few weeks ago
      when I was
      > in desperate need of a beta? <jk> While you didn't mention the
      specific
      > fandoms that I write for, I know quite a few that you listed. I was
      a huge fan of
      > Starsky and Hutch, watched some of the Pretender (until Early Edition
      > captured my heart, sorry Jarod, Gary Hobson just has it all over you!
      <g>) and there