Re: [Beta_Unlimited] beta and writer over here!

  • maryilee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
      In a message dated 1/10/2007 6:03:17 PM Central Standard Time, kathleencsmith1963@... writes:

      hope to beta for you soon, and hope you will beta for me too! i will
      post the URL to my mag7 story when it's on the BR site.

      kcs;)

      Welcome to the list, Kathleen. :-)  Where were you a few weeks ago when I was in desperate need of a beta? <jk>  While you didn't mention the specific fandoms that I write for, I know quite a few that you listed.  I was a huge fan of Starsky and Hutch, watched some of the Pretender (until Early Edition captured my heart, sorry Jarod, Gary Hobson just has it all over you! <g>) and there were a few more that I saw and recognized.

      Mary

    • kathleencsmith1963
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
        thanks, mary! sorry i wasn't around, but i just kinda stumbled across
        this list yesterday, lol!
        i enjoy a lot more shows/movies than i have listed. my tastes are
        fairly broad; i love a lot of stuff...from firefly to shakespeare and
        back again, and whatever else inbetween,lol.
        anyway, would love to beta for ya next time you're looking for one. i
        generally will ask three people to beta, because i have found that
        picking three beta's with different strengths helps catch errors and
        improves my phrasing. if i'm stuck on a tense or phrase, i'll often
        just stick something in there to fill in until either i figure out
        something better, or one of the beta's catches it and suggests the best
        alternative.
        thanks for the welcome!