A censorship free alternative to fanfiction.net

  • watsonsword
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2005
      My name is WatsonSword.

      There are a great many websites that are essentially clones of
      fanfiction.net. These websites have sprung up mostly in response to
      fanfiction.net's harsh, to put it mildly, policies regarding
      censorship. Those policies include but are not limited to:

      -Stories in script format are disallowed.

      -Stories carrying an adult rating are disallowed.

      -Stories containing homosexual parings (slash) are disallowed.

      -Stories containing song lyrics are disallowed.

      There are much more but I can't think of them at the moment and those
      are the ones that generate the most complaints anyway.

      I have searched for a long time for an alternative to fanfiction.net
      that has the most integrity, the most pleasing design, and the most
      overall potential to grow into something that might someday be able to
      compete with fanfiction.net.

      I believe I have found that website.

      It is a place called Freedom of Speech Fanfiction, which can be found
      at http://www.fosff.net/, and no it's not just the name that got to
      me. But I don't wish to boast about this website so I simple suggest
      you check it out for yourself.

      There's a catch though. Freedom of Speech Fanfiction is still quite a
      small website. This is why I have taken it upon myself to set up my
      own advertising campaign to help the site grow.

      There are three things you can do to help Freedom of Speech Fanfiction.

      One: Being that this is still a relatively small website, there are
      not many fanfictions there, and there are even less quality
      fanfictions. Any fics you have on any other websites, groups, or in
      your own computer, you could take the time to post at Freedom of
      Speech Fanfiction as well.

      Two: The administrator of Freedom of Speech Fanfiction, Lilah, has
      written all the code and created all the graphics for her website all
      by herself. But the design of Freedom of Speech Fanfiction still needs
      many improvements. She can't manage all that on her own. This is why
      Lilah has set up a paypal account on her website, to hopefully raise
      enough money to hire the help she needs to give her users all the
      features they ask for. If you could give just a little bit, than that
      would bring this website just that much closer to my dream of this
      humble little place on the internet becoming something that might
      actually rival the Microsoftesque domination of Fanfiction.net.

      Three: The single most important thing you could ever do to help this
      website grow is to spread the word about its existence. If any of you
      know anyone who might be interested in this website, pass this message
      on to them, and encourage them to do the same. Time and time again,
      word of mouth has proven to be the most effective advertising tool.

      Once again the url is, http://www.fosff.net/

      Be sure to tell `em WatsonSword sent you.
    • Shabana Khan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2005

        Thank you for the news.

        I did not know that FF.net stopped allowing slasg stories to be posted. That is wrong and uncalled for.

        Thanks for the link will check it out.