New "/" Sentinel zine!

  • Mystery Frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2005
      Deadline for pre-con orders:

      -- RevelCon in Houston -- 11:59 pm, March 12.
      -- Connexions in Baltimore -- 11:59 pm, March 26.

      If you want to make sure we bring a specific zine you want, send us a
      pre-con order from our webpage -- www.agentwithstyle.com

      * www.agentwithstyle.com *

      To see how to get a FREE ZINE, go see our website!

      * The Sentinel *

      In this amazing collection of brand-new slash stories written by
      Bluewolf, you will visit a world where Blair Sandburg is in a coma
      and meets a stranger, Jim Ellison, on the spirit plane -- can Jim
      bring what he learns about being a Sentinel back with him to the
      waking world? Also, as a new ride-along to his Sentinel, can Blair
      use his unique knowledge to figure out why a serial killer is so
      fixated on the number nine and children, in time to stop him from
      killing again, without running into a particular cop who takes
      pleasure in baiting him? In this thick, 200+ page zine, you'll find
      those stories and much, much more!

      RUMOR by Bluewolf
      The body was being taken out of the office as they reached it.
      Dan Wolfe was following and paused when he saw Jim, Burke and
      "Any idea how he was killed?" Jim asked.
      "Not yet. I think that pattern was carved into his shoulder
      when he was still alive, though he was probably unconscious; it bled
      quite profusely. However, it was the only obvious injury."
      Jim nodded. His nose was twitching. He could smell something
      that seemed out of place, something he couldn't identify but knew he
      had smelled before. Something not particularly pleasant....
      Mentally, he snapped his fingers. It was the same faint, unpleasant
      odor he had detected in the basement where the children's bodies had
      been found, but here it was even stronger, and he realized he had
      been aware of it the first time he was in the office. He just hadn't
      paid much attention to it. He remembered how uneasy he had felt, and
      realized it had to be the result of smelling the... whatever it was.
      He knew that this time he would remember it.

      MISTAKEN IDENTITY by Bluewolf
      To the room's occupant, the one-way glass appeared to be nothing
      more than a mirror. Two men stood watching Blair through it as he
      investigated the room.
      "Do you believe him?" one asked.
      "Yes, Mr. Finnison," the other—the man who had spoken to Blair—
      replied. "It's too easy for us to discover if he lied about knowing
      and living with Ellison. And I intend to have a few words with the
      men who were watching Ellison," he added, his voice very
      cold. "Perhaps I should say, the men who were *supposed* to be
      watching Ellison. Clearly they were not."
      After some minutes, as Blair settled down in front of his
      laptop, he went on. "I hoped at first that we could still use him to
      put pressure on Ellison, possibly get him to tape a terrified plea
      to 'Do what these guys want', but...." He shook his head. "I don't
      think it would occur to Sandburg to expect a cop to help 'an
      impoverished grad student'." He was silent for a moment,
      thinking. "The impression I got was that he considered cops were
      automatic enemies of anyone who did not have money. That does not
      mean to say, however, that he is on our side. You heard him—he was
      arrested for taking part in a 'peaceful protest', he said,
      because 'the bosses insisted.' The impression I got was that he
      distrusts anyone in authority and would happily exist without
      authority figures. That if someone else tells him to do something,
      or expects him to do something, he will consider it first and only do
      it if *he* wants to, if he sees a reason, perhaps an advantage to
      himself, if he does it.
      "How many men in his situation do you know who would not have
      wrapped a sheet or a towel around their waist, even believing
      themselves to be alone? I think he knows we would expect it, so he
      has deliberately chosen to remain completely naked."
      "I wonder if he would remain as unselfconscious about it if we
      went in?"
      "I'm quite sure he would." Although Rob Hardiman knew that his
      employer had been watching while he spoke to their prisoner and had
      heard every word the man said, he was also aware that he was
      undoubtedly the better judge of character. His employer was too used
      to dealing with men who could be bought, and bought easily. He had
      no doubt that their prisoner had a price—all men did. However, money
      would not buy this man, of that he was sure. And Albert Finnison did
      not have the imagination to understand there was any other way to buy
      But even realizing that, Hardiman had no idea what *would* buy
      their prisoner.

      From first-time to established relationship, these stories cover the
      spectrum and show that special love between a cop and observer who
      are so much more than just their job titles. Don't miss this
      wonderful zine!

      Dozens of fandoms. Thousands of zines.
      Check us out! www.agentwithstyle.com