Hello.

  • saturnhikari
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2004
      Hi! I'm new here, and I just wanted anyone interested to know that I
      can beta their fic for them! Well, providing I know what your fic is
      about.

      The categories I can beta are: Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star,
      Original Fiction, Harry Potter, Song of the Lioness Quartet (Alanna:
      The First Adventure, In the Hand of the Goddess, The Woman Who Rides
      Like A Man, & Lioness Rampant), and various others. I'll also beta
      crossovers of the above-mentioned fandoms, providing they are
      believable.

      I'm fine with any rating, but I'm not very good with NC-17, so your
      best bet is to get someone else for that. I love slash/yaoi (m/m) and
      het (m/f), but I'm not very fond of femmeslash/yuri (f/f) even though
      I'll take it. I'm a big fan of Hotaru/Heero, Heero/Duo, Quatre/Trowa,
      Duo/Wufei, Gene/Jim, Gene/Melfina, Harry/Draco, Sirius/Remus,
      James/Severus, Ron/Hermione, Ginny/Dean, Draco/boy!Blaise, Ron/Pansy,
      Alanna/George, and Alanna/Jon, but I'll beta any pairing provided
      it's not like Harry/Dumbledore or Dr. J/Heero (ew...). I'll accept
      Harry/Tom Riddle, as long as its not the OLD version of Tom, but the
      younger one.

      I've been writing for a while now...probably four or five years, and
      I'm in Honours English classes so my grammar and spelling are pretty
      good. I'm okay with Brit-picking, but I'm still learning even though
      there are many websites on which I could look. I have a trusty Latin-
      English dictionary that'll help for spells for the HP fan fiction,
      and my friend is well-versed in Icelandic.

      My response time really depends on the length of the fic, how much
      time I have in my day (especially when school starts back up), and
      how much I see that needs to be commented on. I leave my comments in
      bold underneath a certain amount of paragraphs, or for specific
      cases, in bolded paranthesis. My criticism is always constructive,
      and I don't sugar-coat anything.

      My name on fanfiction.net is Deirdre Blair, but you can just call me
      Deirdre, Dee, or whatever. (It's not my REAL name, but that'd be a
      bit dangerous in today's society to place my REAL name on the
      Internet, wouldn't it?)

      Well, that's all I can think of to say. Please send your fics to
      saturnhikari@... (I check this email almost everyday) if you'd
      like me to beta for you. However, if I get too many requests, I might
      send it back to you so you could get someone else.

      -Deirdre Blair
    • dclady511
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2004
        I am in desparate need of a Beta for a Batman/Wonder Woman pairing.
        The story is short and rated PG. Very easy read. I need
        grammatical help.

        Would you be interested?