Re: Welcome to Beta_Unlimited

  • stan_paszt@mail.bankone.com
    Message 1 of 12 , May 24, 2000
      Greetings,

      Here is my Intro....

      Name or Alias: GwydionComyn

      Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Pretender, Highlander:The Raven, JAG
      and Angel

      Fav writers of fanfiction: I don't know too many at the moment.

      Fav actors and actresses: David Boreanaz, Andrea Parker, Elizabeth Gracen, David
      James Elliot ,Catherine Bell, Adrian Paul

      Webpage address: None.

      Do you write fanfiction?: No. I find that I can't write well... but I can edit
      very well. As they say, 'Those who can, do; Those who can't, Edit'.

      Do you beta-read: I have, and will.

      The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated above. But
      I can also check for grammar and spelling in all other fics too! I'm flexible!

      The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All

      ----
      Hope to hear from someone soon!!
    • Alliana701@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 6, 2001
        Hi! As you can probably already tell, I just joined this list. Here's my intro:

        Name or Alias: Alliana

        Fav shows: Star Trek: Voyager, Stargate SG-1, The Lost World, Star Trek: TNG, Andromeda, Hercules, Scarecrow & Mrs. King

        Fav actors and actresses: Outside of the shows mentioned above (since there's too many in there to list), I'd have to say Sandra Bullock, Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks, etc.

        Webpage address: http://welcome.to/alliana_kitchen

        Do you write fanfiction?: Definitely.

        Do you beta-read: Yes.

        The fanfiction you will beta read: ST:Voyager, ST:TNG, Stargate SG-1, The Lost World, Andromeda, Early Edition, Scarecrow & Mrs. King, Hercules, Xena, Roswell, Dr. Quinn, and there's probably more...

        The ratings of fiction you will beta read: G to PG-13, if the PG-13 is only for violence. If the PG-13 is for anything else, I won't beta read it. I'm very willing to beta read, and I'll check for everything and anything else you want me to. Just ask before you send anything.

        And speaking of beta reading...I have a missing scene from a Voyager episode that I need beta read. If anyone is interested, just drop me a line. :)

        Alliana
        Alliana701@...
      • Astrid Z
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 9, 2001
          this is me!

          Name or Alias: Astrid

          Fav shows: JAG, X-Files, ER, Fraiser

          Fav writers of fanfiction: Paula and Sylvie

          Fav actors and actresses: John M. Jackson, Mitch Pileggi, and of course Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, and Sean Connery (sigh)

          Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. Don't claim to be really good though. I will warn everyone though that I am not a Harm/Mac Shipper. I like the Admiral just as I like Skinner better than Mulder.

          Do you beta-read: I will but I'm not that great with grammer and spelling. I don't like reading character death stories and I am not real fond of Harm/Mac stories but I will try them.

          The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated above. I will also read for Walker,Texas Ranger.

          Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications center.
          Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
        • AllieKat =^.^=
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 26, 2001
            --- Beta_Unlimited Moderator <Beta_Unlimited-owner@yahoogroups.com>
            > wrote:
            >
            >Name or Alias: AllieKat =^.^=
            >
            >Fav shows: The Pretender, Highlander
            >
            >Fav writers of fanfiction: Keeper March, Petra, DragonHeart, (um, thinking, thinking, hampster running on wheel) Practically anyone on the Pretender FanFic Archive.
            >
            >Fav actors and actresses: James Marsters, Andrea Parker, Michael T. Weiss, Elizabeth Gracen, Peter Wingfield
            >
            >Webpage address: http://morbia.net (its a work-in-progress)
            >
            >Do you write fanfiction?: I make a noble attempt.
            >
            >Do you beta-read: Yes.
            >
            >The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything anyone is willing to send me. Pretender/Highlander/Spike preferred.
            >
            >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From PG-13 to NC-17

            ==
            AllieKat
            =^.^=

            "If it's my keen invention you'd like to destroy;
            I'll withstand your best sot, I've got the right toy"
            --American McGee's Alice

            Sign up for FREE email from at
          • ks1976de
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 20, 2002
              Hi altogether! Here is my introduction...

              > Name or Alias: Irene KS

              > Fav shows: Highlander, Quantum Leap, The Sentinel (Since there
              is a rerun now on German TV I finally can even watch it *g*).

              > Webpage address: My (English) warrant:
              http://ireneks.netfirms.com/allow3.htm
              My debut HL-Fic (English):
              http://de.geocities.com/ks1976de/anothername.htm
              My 'Hompages Portal' (German):
              http://members.tripod.co.uk/ireneks/index1.htm

              > Do you write fanfiction?: Just done my first steps into
              (unusual) Highlander Slash. [see above]

              > Do you beta-read: Since I'm German and since I was
              always very bad in English at school better not.

              I'm looking for a second beta reader for my Highlander stuff (Slash,
              various pairings). Since my first beta Susan seems a little busy at
              the moment and 'doppelt haelt besser'. (double lasts better)
              So if anybody is interested, just contact me and I can give
              you the details.

              ;o) CIAO!
            • Jamemosalo Giles
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 30, 2002
                Hello, everyone!

                I've been asked to do a brief introduction of myself, so here goes! :-)

                Name or Alias: Jamemosalo

                Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Highlander, Doctor Who, Beauty and the
                Beast (Vincent/Catherine), Forever Knight, Labyrinth (yeah, it's a movie,
                not a show, but still), Anita Blake (OK, so, again not a show, but *still*).

                >Fav writers of fanfiction: Too many to list!

                >Fav actors and actresses: Anthony Head, James Marsters, Peter Wingfield,
                >Roger Daltrey (i.e., Hugh Fitzcairn/Highlander), Amber Benson, Paul McGann,
                >Elijah Wood, Liv Tyler, Salma Hayek; many, many more...

                Webpage address: None (yet). I'm *trying*. :-) But it's been *years*
                since I attempted HTML...

                >Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, but nothing's ready to post yet.

                >Do you beta-read: I've been known to. I'd like to do more of it.

                >The fanfiction you will beta read: Preferably BTVS, HL, or Doctor Who. I
                >will spellcheck and help with grammar on any.

                >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: I really prefer G or PG, but
                >would do a PG-13. I like angst! Please, *no* slash, R, or NC-17.

                Credentials: B.F.A. in Creative Writing, M.L.I.S. in Library Science, 2
                self-published "creative non-fiction" books (lesson the first: NEVER get
                sucked into subsidy publishing! Blearg. Thus speaks the voice of bitter
                experience.) 2 SF/F novels making the rounds to publishers and through
                revision. 1 short story, "Why the Doctor is Fond of Cats", due to be
                published in the upcoming "The Cat Who Walked Through Time II" (Doctor Who
                fanzine-for-charity) (release date TBA).

                Thanks for letting me on-list, and I hope to be in contact with some of you
                soon!

                Take care,
                Jamemosalo

                STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months FREE*.
                http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_stopmorespam_3mf
              • Get back to me on that one... <Herpetofa
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 1, 2003
                  > Name or Alias: Jamemosalo
                  >
                  > Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Highlander, Doctor Who

                  <snip>

                  Hurrah--a Doctor Who reader!

                  [Sharaz Jek] Welcome indeed...

                  Welcome to the group--look forward to seeing some fiction.

                  Alice I.W.
                  ------------
                  "No degree of dullness can safeguard a work against the
                  determination of critics to find it fascinating.
                  -Harold Rosenberg
                • missdenneaux <miss_denneaux@hotmail.com>
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
                    Well I had thought of avioding this, but since reading Jamemosalos
                    one I realised that wouldn't be fair!

                    > Name or Alias: Nicola
                    >
                    > Fav shows: The Pretender,Labyrinth (It's my favourite movie so it
                    deserves a say, and Jamemosalo got to put it down) Dark Angel,CSI,
                    The Sopranos, A vast array of sitcoms which I'm sure don't get
                    written about here, and numerous NZ programmes that nobody would of
                    heard of.
                    > Fav writers of fanfiction: We would be here all day if you got me
                    started on that one. I'll read anything with a good storyline
                    > Fav actors and actresses: Andrea Parker and the cast of The
                    Pretender, Caroline Quenton, Dawn French,Oliver Driver, Joanna
                    Lumley, The guys of
                    'The Panel" etc etc
                    > Webpage address: Nil
                    >Do you write fanfiction?: Nothing I've had the guts to put online.
                    Lots of Ideas though
                    >Do you beta-read: I'd like to give it a try
                    >The fanfiction you will beta read: The stuff on my favourite shows
                    list I guess preferably The Pretender because thats the one I know
                    the most about
                    >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Any, but if you send me
                    some vulgar NC-17 (or whatever the rating is) it may come back a PG
                    lol
                    > Credentials: Not many (Im only seventeen and have just in the
                    school holidays that follow sixth form). I have school certificate
                    (seventy something percent in English, Science, Math, Economics and
                    Agriculture, Im sure that will come in handy!!) And Sixth form
                    certificate (too much to write and more than you want to know) I was
                    third in my school for English and would like to Beta read to touch
                    up my skills cause all we get to work with is shakespeare *yawn*
                    So there you go my credentials are that I can read and write, cudos
                    for me!!!
                    HAPPY NEW YEAR
                    Nicola
                  • oviaukko
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 13, 2005
                      so, i've already asked people to beta for me but since the welcome
                      message included a request for an introduction, here you go.

                      ~~~

                      Name or Alias: Heidi (aka. Hazel or oviaukko)

                      Fav shows/movies: the Island, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the
                      Caribbean, Queer as Folk, Lost, Star Wars, Brokeback Mountain, OC,
                      Fight Club, Moulin Rouge, ...tbc?

                      Fav writers of fanfiction: Oh, there are many. <lj user=tuuli1109>,
                      <lj user=monchy>, <lj user=bahama_breeze77> to mention a few writers
                      of the last few fics i've read.

                      Fav actors and actresses: Orlando Bloom (don't say it...), Viggo
                      Mortensen, Sean Bean, Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johansson, Keira
                      Knightley, Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boid, Liv Tyler, Johnny Depp,
                      Elijah Wood, Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, Goran Visnjic, Dermot
                      Mulroney, Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, Colin Firth, ....that's not
                      even 1/10th!

                      Webpage address: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oviaukko/

                      Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. Have not in a year or so but now
                      starting again. All my fics can be found here:
                      http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=oviaukko&keyword=fics&filter=all

                      Do you beta-read: Have betad for a friend, mainly just giving my
                      opinion on the fic and some suggestions as to the plot. Am currently
                      too busy with life and own fics to even beta for her, sorry.

                      Hope we all have a blast. *G*

                      love,heidi

                      --
                      "What is an ev0l giraffe anyway? I will eat all the leaves on this tree..."
                      ~Eddie Izzard
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 19, 2005
                        Welcome to my list. Why don't you introduce yourself. Here's just a
                        guideline and my intro.

                        > Name or Alias: Sondra
                        >
                        > Fav shows: Highlander, Battlestar Galactica 2003, and whatever strikes my
                        > fancy at the moment.
                        >
                        > Fav writers of fanfiction: don't have any at the moment
                        >
                        > Fav actors and actresses: um, don't watch that much tv, maybe Peter
                        > Wingfield. . .
                        >
                        > Webpage address: None.
                        >
                        > Do you write fanfiction?: Of course
                        >
                        > Do you beta-read: Of course.
                        >
                        > The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated
                        > above. But I can also check for grammar and spelling in all other fics
                        > too! I'm flexible! I will not beta slash (sorry, that's just not my cup
                        > o'tea fellas)
                        >
                        > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From G to NC-17

                      • sweetkitty
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 12, 2006
                          Name or Alias: sweetkitty

                          Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angle, Bones, the
                          Pretender, Highlander(both), The Sentinel, on occasion
                          the Dead Zone, Queer As Folk, 4400 and any show that
                          catchs my fancy.

                          Fav writers of fanfiction: A lot to name

                          Webpage address: have one, but not up yet

                          Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, and I've posted.

                          I write gen, slash, and crossovers.

                          Do you beta-read: No