I need a beta for an original work of fiction

  • chaos7901us
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2003
      Hello-

      I am looking for someone to beta an orginal work of fiction. The
      work is dark and poetic but very, very well recieved. I am
      including a review of the work in question titled: Chaotic
      Reflections.

      The review is from Amazon.com if you are interested please email me
      at chaos7901@...

      Thanks!

      All Customer Reviews
      Avg. Customer Review:
      Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.

      A dark and poetic look into the End of the World, May 25, 2001
      Reviewer: trig42 (see more about me) from Quincy, MA USA
      Can one man really make a difference? Is the road to Hell truly
      paved with good intentions? Will the world really end not with a
      bang, but with a whimper? Ms. Spiller offers her answer to all of
      these questions in her dark and poetic look into the end of mankind.

      The narrator, my personal favorite aspect of the book, is a
      mysterious omnicient poet, who speaks directly to the reader much
      like the Muses in an ancient tragedy. The narrator looks back on the
      events of the book some time after The End has occurred. At the
      opening and closing of each chapter, the narrator offers insight on
      the characters, pointing out their flaws, their decisions, and the
      inconcievable consequences of each.

      The story shows a how one choice can begin a downward spiral of
      despair and hopelessness. It begins when one young man decides he
      must follow in his militaristic father's footsteps in a misguided
      decision to join the Marines. His actions cause a chain reaction of
      unimaginable consequences, ironically weighted by good intentions.
      The characters only want to help, or protect the people around them,
      but as Ms. Spiller explains, it is not *what we want* that matters
      in life, because it doesn't change the reality of what *is* and what
      *will be.*

      The book is full of ironies and symbols. The story of The End takes
      place over the course of seven days, an ironic paralell of The
      Creation. Ms. Spiller's concept of Hell is portrayed as a shattered
      and broken world, yet shockingly similar to the world around us in
      the present day. The End of the World, we find, is not caused by a
      nuclear holocaust, or global warming, or an incurable disease; but
      rather the simple but deadly combination of good intentions, and
      misguided decisions.

      The concept and the story are excellent. This book is a quick read,
      but it will make a lasting impression. Highly recommended!