RE: Welcome to Beta_Unlimited

  • Kerry Hurley
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 30, 2000
      Hello-

      I just have one quick question that I'd like to ask before I begin posting in earnest to the list.

      Do you accept alternative fanfiction to be posted as long as its NC-17?

      Thanks,
      Kerry

      The biggest Xena site on the planet! -- http://www.xenafan.com/
      Get your own free xenafan.com email -- http://www.xenafan.com/mail/
    • stan_paszt@mail.bankone.com
      Message 2 of 12 , May 24, 2000
        Greetings,

        Here is my Intro....

        Name or Alias: GwydionComyn

        Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Pretender, Highlander:The Raven, JAG
        and Angel

        Fav writers of fanfiction: I don't know too many at the moment.

        Fav actors and actresses: David Boreanaz, Andrea Parker, Elizabeth Gracen, David
        James Elliot ,Catherine Bell, Adrian Paul

        Webpage address: None.

        Do you write fanfiction?: No. I find that I can't write well... but I can edit
        very well. As they say, 'Those who can, do; Those who can't, Edit'.

        Do you beta-read: I have, and will.

        The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated above. But
        I can also check for grammar and spelling in all other fics too! I'm flexible!

        The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All

        ----
        Hope to hear from someone soon!!
      • Alliana701@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 6 10:01 PM
          Hi! As you can probably already tell, I just joined this list. Here's my intro:

          Name or Alias: Alliana

          Fav shows: Star Trek: Voyager, Stargate SG-1, The Lost World, Star Trek: TNG, Andromeda, Hercules, Scarecrow & Mrs. King

          Fav actors and actresses: Outside of the shows mentioned above (since there's too many in there to list), I'd have to say Sandra Bullock, Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks, etc.

          Webpage address: http://welcome.to/alliana_kitchen

          Do you write fanfiction?: Definitely.

          Do you beta-read: Yes.

          The fanfiction you will beta read: ST:Voyager, ST:TNG, Stargate SG-1, The Lost World, Andromeda, Early Edition, Scarecrow & Mrs. King, Hercules, Xena, Roswell, Dr. Quinn, and there's probably more...

          The ratings of fiction you will beta read: G to PG-13, if the PG-13 is only for violence. If the PG-13 is for anything else, I won't beta read it. I'm very willing to beta read, and I'll check for everything and anything else you want me to. Just ask before you send anything.

          And speaking of beta reading...I have a missing scene from a Voyager episode that I need beta read. If anyone is interested, just drop me a line. :)

          Alliana
          Alliana701@...
        • Astrid Z
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 9, 2001
            this is me!

            Name or Alias: Astrid

            Fav shows: JAG, X-Files, ER, Fraiser

            Fav writers of fanfiction: Paula and Sylvie

            Fav actors and actresses: John M. Jackson, Mitch Pileggi, and of course Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, and Sean Connery (sigh)

            Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. Don't claim to be really good though. I will warn everyone though that I am not a Harm/Mac Shipper. I like the Admiral just as I like Skinner better than Mulder.

            Do you beta-read: I will but I'm not that great with grammer and spelling. I don't like reading character death stories and I am not real fond of Harm/Mac stories but I will try them.

            The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated above. I will also read for Walker,Texas Ranger.

            Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications center.
            Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
          • AllieKat =^.^=
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 26, 2001
              --- Beta_Unlimited Moderator <Beta_Unlimited-owner@yahoogroups.com>
              > wrote:
              >
              >Name or Alias: AllieKat =^.^=
              >
              >Fav shows: The Pretender, Highlander
              >
              >Fav writers of fanfiction: Keeper March, Petra, DragonHeart, (um, thinking, thinking, hampster running on wheel) Practically anyone on the Pretender FanFic Archive.
              >
              >Fav actors and actresses: James Marsters, Andrea Parker, Michael T. Weiss, Elizabeth Gracen, Peter Wingfield
              >
              >Webpage address: http://morbia.net (its a work-in-progress)
              >
              >Do you write fanfiction?: I make a noble attempt.
              >
              >Do you beta-read: Yes.
              >
              >The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything anyone is willing to send me. Pretender/Highlander/Spike preferred.
              >
              >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From PG-13 to NC-17

              ==
              AllieKat
              =^.^=

              "If it's my keen invention you'd like to destroy;
              I'll withstand your best sot, I've got the right toy"
              --American McGee's Alice

              Sign up for FREE email from at
            • ks1976de
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 20 5:42 AM
                Hi altogether! Here is my introduction...

                > Name or Alias: Irene KS

                > Fav shows: Highlander, Quantum Leap, The Sentinel (Since there
                is a rerun now on German TV I finally can even watch it *g*).

                > Webpage address: My (English) warrant:
                http://ireneks.netfirms.com/allow3.htm
                My debut HL-Fic (English):
                http://de.geocities.com/ks1976de/anothername.htm
                My 'Hompages Portal' (German):
                http://members.tripod.co.uk/ireneks/index1.htm

                > Do you write fanfiction?: Just done my first steps into
                (unusual) Highlander Slash. [see above]

                > Do you beta-read: Since I'm German and since I was
                always very bad in English at school better not.

                I'm looking for a second beta reader for my Highlander stuff (Slash,
                various pairings). Since my first beta Susan seems a little busy at
                the moment and 'doppelt haelt besser'. (double lasts better)
                So if anybody is interested, just contact me and I can give
                you the details.

                ;o) CIAO!
              • Jamemosalo Giles
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 30, 2002
                  Hello, everyone!

                  I've been asked to do a brief introduction of myself, so here goes! :-)

                  Name or Alias: Jamemosalo

                  Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Highlander, Doctor Who, Beauty and the
                  Beast (Vincent/Catherine), Forever Knight, Labyrinth (yeah, it's a movie,
                  not a show, but still), Anita Blake (OK, so, again not a show, but *still*).

                  >Fav writers of fanfiction: Too many to list!

                  >Fav actors and actresses: Anthony Head, James Marsters, Peter Wingfield,
                  >Roger Daltrey (i.e., Hugh Fitzcairn/Highlander), Amber Benson, Paul McGann,
                  >Elijah Wood, Liv Tyler, Salma Hayek; many, many more...

                  Webpage address: None (yet). I'm *trying*. :-) But it's been *years*
                  since I attempted HTML...

                  >Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, but nothing's ready to post yet.

                  >Do you beta-read: I've been known to. I'd like to do more of it.

                  >The fanfiction you will beta read: Preferably BTVS, HL, or Doctor Who. I
                  >will spellcheck and help with grammar on any.

                  >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: I really prefer G or PG, but
                  >would do a PG-13. I like angst! Please, *no* slash, R, or NC-17.

                  Credentials: B.F.A. in Creative Writing, M.L.I.S. in Library Science, 2
                  self-published "creative non-fiction" books (lesson the first: NEVER get
                  sucked into subsidy publishing! Blearg. Thus speaks the voice of bitter
                  experience.) 2 SF/F novels making the rounds to publishers and through
                  revision. 1 short story, "Why the Doctor is Fond of Cats", due to be
                  published in the upcoming "The Cat Who Walked Through Time II" (Doctor Who
                  fanzine-for-charity) (release date TBA).

                  Thanks for letting me on-list, and I hope to be in contact with some of you
                  soon!

                  Take care,
                  Jamemosalo

                  STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months FREE*.
                  http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_stopmorespam_3mf
                • Get back to me on that one... <Herpetofa
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 1, 2003
                    > Name or Alias: Jamemosalo
                    >
                    > Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Highlander, Doctor Who

                    <snip>

                    Hurrah--a Doctor Who reader!

                    [Sharaz Jek] Welcome indeed...

                    Welcome to the group--look forward to seeing some fiction.

                    Alice I.W.
                    ------------
                    "No degree of dullness can safeguard a work against the
                    determination of critics to find it fascinating.
                    -Harold Rosenberg
                  • missdenneaux <miss_denneaux@hotmail.com>
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
                      Well I had thought of avioding this, but since reading Jamemosalos
                      one I realised that wouldn't be fair!

                      > Name or Alias: Nicola
                      >
                      > Fav shows: The Pretender,Labyrinth (It's my favourite movie so it
                      deserves a say, and Jamemosalo got to put it down) Dark Angel,CSI,
                      The Sopranos, A vast array of sitcoms which I'm sure don't get
                      written about here, and numerous NZ programmes that nobody would of
                      heard of.
                      > Fav writers of fanfiction: We would be here all day if you got me
                      started on that one. I'll read anything with a good storyline
                      > Fav actors and actresses: Andrea Parker and the cast of The
                      Pretender, Caroline Quenton, Dawn French,Oliver Driver, Joanna
                      Lumley, The guys of
                      'The Panel" etc etc
                      > Webpage address: Nil
                      >Do you write fanfiction?: Nothing I've had the guts to put online.
                      Lots of Ideas though
                      >Do you beta-read: I'd like to give it a try
                      >The fanfiction you will beta read: The stuff on my favourite shows
                      list I guess preferably The Pretender because thats the one I know
                      the most about
                      >The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Any, but if you send me
                      some vulgar NC-17 (or whatever the rating is) it may come back a PG
                      lol
                      > Credentials: Not many (Im only seventeen and have just in the
                      school holidays that follow sixth form). I have school certificate
                      (seventy something percent in English, Science, Math, Economics and
                      Agriculture, Im sure that will come in handy!!) And Sixth form
                      certificate (too much to write and more than you want to know) I was
                      third in my school for English and would like to Beta read to touch
                      up my skills cause all we get to work with is shakespeare *yawn*
                      So there you go my credentials are that I can read and write, cudos
                      for me!!!
                      HAPPY NEW YEAR
                      Nicola
                    • oviaukko
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 13, 2005
                        so, i've already asked people to beta for me but since the welcome
                        message included a request for an introduction, here you go.

                        ~~~

                        Name or Alias: Heidi (aka. Hazel or oviaukko)

                        Fav shows/movies: the Island, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the
                        Caribbean, Queer as Folk, Lost, Star Wars, Brokeback Mountain, OC,
                        Fight Club, Moulin Rouge, ...tbc?

                        Fav writers of fanfiction: Oh, there are many. <lj user=tuuli1109>,
                        <lj user=monchy>, <lj user=bahama_breeze77> to mention a few writers
                        of the last few fics i've read.

                        Fav actors and actresses: Orlando Bloom (don't say it...), Viggo
                        Mortensen, Sean Bean, Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johansson, Keira
                        Knightley, Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boid, Liv Tyler, Johnny Depp,
                        Elijah Wood, Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, Goran Visnjic, Dermot
                        Mulroney, Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, Colin Firth, ....that's not
                        even 1/10th!

                        Webpage address: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oviaukko/

                        Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. Have not in a year or so but now
                        starting again. All my fics can be found here:
                        http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=oviaukko&keyword=fics&filter=all

                        Do you beta-read: Have betad for a friend, mainly just giving my
                        opinion on the fic and some suggestions as to the plot. Am currently
                        too busy with life and own fics to even beta for her, sorry.

                        Hope we all have a blast. *G*

                        love,heidi

                        --
                        "What is an ev0l giraffe anyway? I will eat all the leaves on this tree..."
                        ~Eddie Izzard
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 19, 2005
                          Welcome to my list. Why don't you introduce yourself. Here's just a
                          guideline and my intro.

                          > Name or Alias: Sondra
                          >
                          > Fav shows: Highlander, Battlestar Galactica 2003, and whatever strikes my
                          > fancy at the moment.
                          >
                          > Fav writers of fanfiction: don't have any at the moment
                          >
                          > Fav actors and actresses: um, don't watch that much tv, maybe Peter
                          > Wingfield. . .
                          >
                          > Webpage address: None.
                          >
                          > Do you write fanfiction?: Of course
                          >
                          > Do you beta-read: Of course.
                          >
                          > The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated
                          > above. But I can also check for grammar and spelling in all other fics
                          > too! I'm flexible! I will not beta slash (sorry, that's just not my cup
                          > o'tea fellas)
                          >
                          > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From G to NC-17

                        • sweetkitty
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 12, 2006
                            Name or Alias: sweetkitty

                            Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angle, Bones, the
                            Pretender, Highlander(both), The Sentinel, on occasion
                            the Dead Zone, Queer As Folk, 4400 and any show that
                            catchs my fancy.

                            Fav writers of fanfiction: A lot to name

                            Webpage address: have one, but not up yet

                            Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, and I've posted.

                            I write gen, slash, and crossovers.

                            Do you beta-read: No