Re: Welcome to Beta_Unlimited

  • L K S R
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2000
      --- Beta_Unlimited-owner@onelist.com wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > Welcome to the list. Please take a moment to review
      > this message.

      > Phew! Now that, that is over with....Welcome to my
      > list. Why don't you introduce yourself.
      >
      > Name or Alias:
      Kali Sandison, it's the name I publish under

      > Fav shows:
      The Practice, Buffy, Angel, West Wing, Roswell, ER,
      Due South, Pretender (the new NBC show "The Others"
      looks promising but we'll have to wait a week and see.

      > Fav writers of fanfiction:
      Cassandra Hope, Carol Trendall, LadyAna

      > Fav actors and actresses:
      Just about anybody in the shows listed above.

      > Webpage address:
      None.

      > Do you write fanfiction?:
      Yup. You can see my work at the Due South Fiction
      Archive

      > Do you beta-read:
      I have done it once or twice. Would do it again.
      That's part of the reason I joined.

      > The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my
      > fav shows as stated above. But I can also check for
      > grammar and spelling in all other fics too! I'm
      > flexible!
      What she said.

      > The ratings of fiction you will beta read:
      G-NC17. Prefer not to do m/m slash but I will if
      you're desperate.

      =====
      "Kali Sandison"
      Kalerian@...
      Indianapolis, Indiana
      http://im.yahoo.com
    • by way of Jessica
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2000
        Name or Alias: Jessica

        Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel: The Series, Charmed, Xena,
        Hercules

        Fav writers of fanfiction: Saber Shadow Kitten, Allison (others I can't
        remember names)

        Fav actors and actresses: David Boreanaz, James Marsters, Sarah Michelle
        Gellar

        Webpage Address: <a href="http://www.crosswinds.net/~forthefans">For The
        Fans</a>
        (In Progress)

        Do you write fanfiction?: Of course

        Do you beta-read: Of course

        The fanfiction you will beta read: From any of my fav shows as stated above.

      • Summer
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31 5:10 PM

          Hey all,

          Just joined, so I thought I should introduce myself. I'm Summer and I've done a lot of beta reading in the past and I'd like to get back into it now that I have some time on my hands. Let's see...I watch and can effectively beta for: X-Files, Days of our Lives, One Life to Live, Dawson's Creek, Felicity, Star Wars...and I'm sure there are one or two more I'm forgetting...oh, yeah--the ultimate guilty pleasure (and I'm almost afraid to admit this, lol) but I can beta boyband fiction, too. Whew! My dirty little secret out of the closet!

          I can also do just general grammar and miscellaneous beta if anyone needs that, too. If you'd like to talk to me or have me do some beta, just drop me a line!

          Hope to hear from some of you soon! :o)

          Summer
        • Kathrin
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 21, 2002
            Hi there!

            Well, since I'm new to this list I guess I should give a short introduction.
            So here you go :o):

            Name: Kathrin (a.k.a Murron)
            Fav shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Pretender, Angel
            Fav movies: The Lord of the Rings, Moulin Rouge, X-Men, Crouching Tiger,
            Hidden Dragon, Gladiator ...
            Fav writers of fanfiction: so far: eretria, Diebin, Amphithea, Mara
            Greengrass and some others
            Fav actors and actresses: Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor, Cate Blanchett, Seth
            Green, Alyson Hannigan ...
            Webpage address: http://www.elflingslair.de.vu
            e-mail address: elfling@...
            Do you write fanfiction?: Yup, absolutely :o).
            Are you a beta-reader?: I'm afraid no. English isn't my first language so I
            guess I wouldn't be a sufficient help.
            What else? I'm a student for English & German literature and philology. I
            spend too much time on reading, fa:r too much time on writing and a little
            too much time on movies ... the trouble is, I love all of it :o).

            Nice to meet you all

            ~Murron
            _________________________________
            "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist,
            but you have ceased to live."
            - Mark Twain
          • Lolita Luthor
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 20, 2003
              Hey everyone, I'm a newbie and just introducing
              myself.

              My name's lolita, or lola...and I am looking for
              someone to beta my new smallville fic, my first fic
              ever. It's a WIP, clark/lex... Any volunteers?

              As for the other intro questions:

              fav shows: smallville, roswell, buffy, angel, gilmore
              girls, everwood, six feet under

              fav writers of fan fiction: jenn, dayspring, nymph du
              pave, Lanning....there are others, but those are the
              one's i can think of right now...

              fav actors and actresses: i love em all, but my top
              two favs would definitely have to be michael rosenbaum
              and majandra delfino

              web page address: my live journal
              http://www.livejournal.com/users/lolitaluthor

              Do I write fan fiction? Yes, I've just started..hence
              I'm joining the list cause I am new to this and
              looking for betas. Not new to reading fanfic
              though..that's my favorite addiction...

              Do I beta-read: i haven't, but I bet I'd be good at
              it. I'm a good editor...i find it easier than writing
              myself. I could beta for Smallville, Buffy, Roswell,
              Angel... And i'd read anywhere from G to NC-17, Het,
              Slash, whatever...

              That's all! Thanks!
              Lola

              --- Beta_Unlimited Moderator