Books?

  • Sstitches69@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19 12:54 PM
      I just joined the group, but I feel like an idiot now. The front page says
      it's for "any show." Are there also betas for book fandoms here?

      Cheers!
      Lyle
    • Va. Carper
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19 1:05 PM
        Besides Harry Potter? There a lot of people who beta
        Harry Potter books. Just ask about any book, I read
        some series but not the Potter books.

        Va. Carper
        snork5902g@...
        --- Sstitches69@... wrote:
        > I just joined the group, but I feel like an idiot
        > now. The front page says
        > it's for "any show." Are there also betas for book
        > fandoms here?
        >
        > Cheers!
        > Lyle

      • Abinikai
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19 3:06 PM
          No Harry Potter? But how can you live? I dunno...I know it's not for everyone, but I'm afraid to say that my friends got me inseperably hooked...I'm part of about seven yahoo groups for it and read fanfiction for it non stop...lol. There are some pretty good stories out there! But anyways, I read a lot and will beta just about any book--especially His Dark Materials, the Tortal-set books by Tamora Pierce, Icewind Dale and Dark Elf trilogies by RA. Salvatore, many of the Dean Koontz novels...and I'm too lazy to think of the rest. So ask and I'm here for you like Carper--especially fantasy stories. But hey, I'm assuming that if you need a Beta, then you write and you probably read a lot...but that's just my biast view of the world.

          --- Sstitches69@... wrote:
          > I just joined the group, but I feel like an idiot
          > now. The front page says
          > it's for "any show." Are there also betas for book
          > fandoms here?
          >
          > Cheers!
          > Lyle

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Sstitches69@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19 5:09 PM
            > No Harry Potter? But how can you live? I dunno...I know it's not for
            everyone,
            > but I'm afraid to say that my friends got me inseperably hooked...I'm part
            of
            > about seven yahoo groups for it and read fanfiction for it non stop...lol.
            There
            > are some pretty good stories out there!
            No kidding! My problem is that I've written a little heterosexual ficlet, and
            people on the slash lists I'm on are often ironically prejudiced against het
            fic. So I'm looking for someone to beta an eight page all-dialogue Ginny/Dean.
            It's for the Clichéd Fuh-Q Fest, where they give you a clichéd scenario and
            you turn it into an interesting fic.

            > But anyways, I read a lot and will beta just about any book--especially His
            > Dark Materials, the Tortal-set books by Tamora Pierce, Icewind Dale and Dark
            > Elf trilogies by RA. Salvatore, many of the Dean Koontz novels...and I'm
            too lazy
            > to think of the rest. So ask and I'm here for you like Carper--especially
            fantasy
            > stories. But hey, I'm assuming that if you need a Beta, then you write and
            you
            > probably read a lot...but that's just my biast view of the world.
            Sabriel? Twisted Abhorsen/HP crossovers?

            Cheers!
            Lyle