Re: [Beta_Unlimited] Re: Introduction (MKSF Series)

  • RedYume@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2003
      Ooh! I haven't read that series of books by Piers Anthony, though if you want a good book that'll give you insight about the life of Death, his grandaughter, and "The Death of Rats" then Terry Pratchett's Disc World book "Soul Music" is a good read. It works as a stand alone or one in a 25+ book series. If you'v never read Pratchett before, a word of warning: He'll be in the middle of a serious chapter, and put a footnote about something completely absurd. For instance, he queries that if Medusa had snakes for hair. . . what grows in her armpits?- if snakes, then putting on deoderant must be interesting. He's a very . . . different writer. Good, but different.

      ~Ari

      In a message dated 7/18/2003 7:12:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time, syreene@... writes:

      I also highly recommend the Incarnations of Immortality series by
      Piers Anthony. It's a set of 7 books about Death, Time, Fate, War,
      Nature, Heaven, and Hell, and the concept that each is a job taken on
      by everyday humans who happen to fall into it one way or another, and
      the ongoing battle between Heaven and Hell for the collecting of
      souls. Each are a good book on their own, but if you read all 7 it
      makes for a widespread and intricate plot that is a thoroughly
      enjoying read. :)