Re: [Beta_Unlimited] Re: Introduction

  • Cari Westbrook
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 17, 2003
      Okay, though I usually berate myself afterwards for actually speaking, I must say that I have one of the Magic Kingdom for Sale books and must ask if it's good. Though I have tried reading it, I only got a little ways into it b/c of other books that came out (namely Harry Potter). I'm not saying it's bad, but I just wanted to know. Oh, and I'm a big Animae fan, too. I love Fushugi Yugi, Gundam Wing, Inu Yasha, Vampire Hunter D, Chobits, Ranma 1/2 and almost anything else that's discussed in dear old Animae Club.

      Emily Vitori <syreene@...> wrote:
      Greetings!

      I am a fellow Anime lover, as well as a big fan of Terry Brooks! :)
      He came to a book store here in Ohio, and I now have the first three
      Shanara books signed by him. :) :) They are old and beaten books that
      were handed down to me by my sister when I was a child, and now they
      mean even more to me. I love Terry Brooks writing, as well as the
      Magic Kingdom For Sale series, and the one with the girl who was
      guardian of the woods from evil...what was that thing called? Dang it!

      Anyway, I love Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Appleseed, Lodus War, A.D.
      Police, Bubblegum Crisis, and many more if you ever need a beta
      reader. ;)

      Unfortunately, my work is strictly Marvel at the moment.

      Nice to meet you! :)

      -Syreene aka Emily

      --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, RedYume@a... wrote:
      > Name or Alias: Ari
      >
      > Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu
      Yasha,
      > Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an
      anime fan walks
      > among you).
      >
      > Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS
      Friedman,
      > Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.
      >
      > Fav actors and actresses: None
      >
      > Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume
      >
      > Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.
      >
      > Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other
      Otaku out
      > there in need of a beta?
      >
      > The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section.
      I'll beta
      > read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm
      familiar with.
      > Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar
      as well.

      > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the
      ladder! Up to
      > NC-17

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Marilyn Marsh
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
        Hi, thought I would just put my info out there. My name is Myrrhlynn
        and I LOVE fanfiction. I personally think it is some of the most
        creative stuff out there. Love reading it, just to see where people
        will go with some of my favorite stories. Anyway, I joined because,
        well, I just started my first year in collage after being out of
        school for 17 years, Yes, I'm that old, and I am majoring in writing.
        I have edited several other pieces of fic just for fun and I thought
        I would put myself out as a beta reader and actually try to help
        someone out. Also, I hope to work up some cahona's to put out some of
        my own work. I have put out some of my fanfic poetry before, just not
        my stories.
        So, I am a Babyloin 5 fan, CSI( any of them), Law & Order, The Sheild
        (I absolutly LOVE Michael Chiklis!!!) Buffy, Charmed, Smallville,
        Nip/Tuck, Forever Knight, Movies and books, I'm a vampire/ fantasy
        chick. I really like well written adult or slash fic. Erotica rocks!!
        And I have done some filking in the past. I might post my Forever
        knight filk I did and am quite proud of. It took me almost a year to
        write it, but I am really happy how it turned out. I have a Babylon 5
        filk I started awhile ago, but have been quite stuck.
        So, if anyone would like my input or help, I'm out here.

        Myrrhlynn
      • marimc25
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 5, 2006
          Name or Alias: Maryilee

          Fav shows: Early Edition, Quantum Leap, Grey's Anatomy, Emergency and
          House.

          Fav writers of fanfiction: peregrin anna, inkling

          Fav actors and actresses: Kyle Chandler,

          Webpage address: None.

          Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, I wrote my first fanfic in about 1997

          Do you beta-read: I have, but not for quite awhile. I took about six
          years off to have another child. ;-)

          The fanfiction you will beta read: I can read stuff from Emergency,
          House, Early Edition and Quantum Leap.

          The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Doesn't matter, but I'm
          not interested in beta reading slash fic. Just not my cup of tea. ;-)
        • Lissie Girl
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 17, 2007
            Hey, new member here.  Just joined.

            Name or Alias: BehrBeMine

            Fav shows: 'Everwood', 'Gilmore Girls', 'Dawson's Creek', 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', 'Angel', 'Veronica Mars', 'Supernatural', 'Smallville', '7th Heaven', 'Felicity'...  Fandom whore?  That's me.

            Fav writers of fanfiction: Anyone who constructs something beautiful.  Also, Aurora, Elaida, SexyMermaid...

            Fav actors and actresses: Elijah Wood <3, Emily VanCamp, Gregory Smith, Orlando Bloom, Shiri Appleby, Jason Behr, Joshua Jackson, Katie Holmes, Alexis Bledel, Jared Padalecki, Chad Michael Murray.  Oh, just make me stop.

            Webpage address: http://www.behrbemine.com/solemn/

            Do you write fanfiction?: Oh, yes.  I have several archives, but the one listed above is for my fic alone.

            Do you beta-read: I have very often in the past.  I'm having to take a break from it at the current time due to an illness.  But I want to have my information posted here for when I am able to jump back into it, for I enjoy doing it.

            The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.  And I'm also into other fandoms, as well, such as Real People Fic -- LOTR Cast, Figure Skaters, Boy Bands; and I enjoy fanfiction based on books, as well.  My spectrum is very wide.  And I'm also open to exploring new fandoms that I have yet to touch, willing to check the spelling and grammar, anything that I can.  I love to help.

            The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

            Elise
            - -
            "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.  Be brave.  Live.  For me."
            -- 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
            - -
            http://www.behrbemine.com/
          • littlebell1984
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 19, 2007
              Hey,
              I´m new to this group an like to introduce myself.

              Name or Alias: littlebell1984

              Fav shows: JAG, Stargate, Buffy, X-Files

              Fav writers of fanfiction: I have so many..

              Fav actors and actresses: Cathrine Bell, David James Elliott, Teryl
              Rothery, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Richard Dean Anderson...

              Webpage address: Don´t have one

              Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. I write in German, but i try to write
              in english.

              Do you beta-read: Don´t think, that my Grammer is good enough for
              that. But if you have some German fics, i´m willing to try. I can
              also help if someone want translating fics into German.

              The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.

              The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

              Littlebell1984