Re: Introduction

  • Emily Vitori
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 17, 2003
      Greetings!

      I am a fellow Anime lover, as well as a big fan of Terry Brooks! :)
      He came to a book store here in Ohio, and I now have the first three
      Shanara books signed by him. :) :) They are old and beaten books that
      were handed down to me by my sister when I was a child, and now they
      mean even more to me. I love Terry Brooks writing, as well as the
      Magic Kingdom For Sale series, and the one with the girl who was
      guardian of the woods from evil...what was that thing called? Dang it!

      Anyway, I love Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Appleseed, Lodus War, A.D.
      Police, Bubblegum Crisis, and many more if you ever need a beta
      reader. ;)

      Unfortunately, my work is strictly Marvel at the moment.

      Nice to meet you! :)

      -Syreene aka Emily

      --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, RedYume@a... wrote:
      > Name or Alias: Ari
      >
      > Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu
      Yasha,
      > Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an
      anime fan walks
      > among you).
      >
      > Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS
      Friedman,
      > Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.
      >
      > Fav actors and actresses: None
      >
      > Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume
      >
      > Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.
      >
      > Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other
      Otaku out
      > there in need of a beta?
      >
      > The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section.
      I'll beta
      > read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm
      familiar with.
      > Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar
      as well.

      > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the
      ladder! Up to
      > NC-17
    • Cari Westbrook
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 17, 2003
        Okay, though I usually berate myself afterwards for actually speaking, I must say that I have one of the Magic Kingdom for Sale books and must ask if it's good. Though I have tried reading it, I only got a little ways into it b/c of other books that came out (namely Harry Potter). I'm not saying it's bad, but I just wanted to know. Oh, and I'm a big Animae fan, too. I love Fushugi Yugi, Gundam Wing, Inu Yasha, Vampire Hunter D, Chobits, Ranma 1/2 and almost anything else that's discussed in dear old Animae Club.

        Emily Vitori <syreene@...> wrote:
        Greetings!

        I am a fellow Anime lover, as well as a big fan of Terry Brooks! :)
        He came to a book store here in Ohio, and I now have the first three
        Shanara books signed by him. :) :) They are old and beaten books that
        were handed down to me by my sister when I was a child, and now they
        mean even more to me. I love Terry Brooks writing, as well as the
        Magic Kingdom For Sale series, and the one with the girl who was
        guardian of the woods from evil...what was that thing called? Dang it!

        Anyway, I love Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Appleseed, Lodus War, A.D.
        Police, Bubblegum Crisis, and many more if you ever need a beta
        reader. ;)

        Unfortunately, my work is strictly Marvel at the moment.

        Nice to meet you! :)

        -Syreene aka Emily

        --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, RedYume@a... wrote:
        > Name or Alias: Ari
        >
        > Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu
        Yasha,
        > Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an
        anime fan walks
        > among you).
        >
        > Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS
        Friedman,
        > Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.
        >
        > Fav actors and actresses: None
        >
        > Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume
        >
        > Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.
        >
        > Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other
        Otaku out
        > there in need of a beta?
        >
        > The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section.
        I'll beta
        > read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm
        familiar with.
        > Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar
        as well.

        > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the
        ladder! Up to
        > NC-17

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Marilyn Marsh
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
          Hi, thought I would just put my info out there. My name is Myrrhlynn
          and I LOVE fanfiction. I personally think it is some of the most
          creative stuff out there. Love reading it, just to see where people
          will go with some of my favorite stories. Anyway, I joined because,
          well, I just started my first year in collage after being out of
          school for 17 years, Yes, I'm that old, and I am majoring in writing.
          I have edited several other pieces of fic just for fun and I thought
          I would put myself out as a beta reader and actually try to help
          someone out. Also, I hope to work up some cahona's to put out some of
          my own work. I have put out some of my fanfic poetry before, just not
          my stories.
          So, I am a Babyloin 5 fan, CSI( any of them), Law & Order, The Sheild
          (I absolutly LOVE Michael Chiklis!!!) Buffy, Charmed, Smallville,
          Nip/Tuck, Forever Knight, Movies and books, I'm a vampire/ fantasy
          chick. I really like well written adult or slash fic. Erotica rocks!!
          And I have done some filking in the past. I might post my Forever
          knight filk I did and am quite proud of. It took me almost a year to
          write it, but I am really happy how it turned out. I have a Babylon 5
          filk I started awhile ago, but have been quite stuck.
          So, if anyone would like my input or help, I'm out here.

          Myrrhlynn
        • marimc25
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 5, 2006
            Name or Alias: Maryilee

            Fav shows: Early Edition, Quantum Leap, Grey's Anatomy, Emergency and
            House.

            Fav writers of fanfiction: peregrin anna, inkling

            Fav actors and actresses: Kyle Chandler,

            Webpage address: None.

            Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, I wrote my first fanfic in about 1997

            Do you beta-read: I have, but not for quite awhile. I took about six
            years off to have another child. ;-)

            The fanfiction you will beta read: I can read stuff from Emergency,
            House, Early Edition and Quantum Leap.

            The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Doesn't matter, but I'm
            not interested in beta reading slash fic. Just not my cup of tea. ;-)
          • Lissie Girl
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 17, 2007
              Hey, new member here.  Just joined.

              Name or Alias: BehrBeMine

              Fav shows: 'Everwood', 'Gilmore Girls', 'Dawson's Creek', 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', 'Angel', 'Veronica Mars', 'Supernatural', 'Smallville', '7th Heaven', 'Felicity'...  Fandom whore?  That's me.

              Fav writers of fanfiction: Anyone who constructs something beautiful.  Also, Aurora, Elaida, SexyMermaid...

              Fav actors and actresses: Elijah Wood <3, Emily VanCamp, Gregory Smith, Orlando Bloom, Shiri Appleby, Jason Behr, Joshua Jackson, Katie Holmes, Alexis Bledel, Jared Padalecki, Chad Michael Murray.  Oh, just make me stop.

              Webpage address: http://www.behrbemine.com/solemn/

              Do you write fanfiction?: Oh, yes.  I have several archives, but the one listed above is for my fic alone.

              Do you beta-read: I have very often in the past.  I'm having to take a break from it at the current time due to an illness.  But I want to have my information posted here for when I am able to jump back into it, for I enjoy doing it.

              The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.  And I'm also into other fandoms, as well, such as Real People Fic -- LOTR Cast, Figure Skaters, Boy Bands; and I enjoy fanfiction based on books, as well.  My spectrum is very wide.  And I'm also open to exploring new fandoms that I have yet to touch, willing to check the spelling and grammar, anything that I can.  I love to help.

              The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

              Elise
              - -
              "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.  Be brave.  Live.  For me."
              -- 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
              - -
              http://www.behrbemine.com/
            • littlebell1984
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 19, 2007
                Hey,
                I´m new to this group an like to introduce myself.

                Name or Alias: littlebell1984

                Fav shows: JAG, Stargate, Buffy, X-Files

                Fav writers of fanfiction: I have so many..

                Fav actors and actresses: Cathrine Bell, David James Elliott, Teryl
                Rothery, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Richard Dean Anderson...

                Webpage address: Don´t have one

                Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. I write in German, but i try to write
                in english.

                Do you beta-read: Don´t think, that my Grammer is good enough for
                that. But if you have some German fics, i´m willing to try. I can
                also help if someone want translating fics into German.

                The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.

                The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

                Littlebell1984