Introduction

  • birdy2912
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003
      Hi! I'm aj's girl.

      Currently, I'm interested in X-men fiction, both comicverse and
      movieverse.

      My two favorite X-Men Fan Fiction Writers are Blu and Minisinoo

      Current favorite X-Men characters: Wolverine and Sabretooth
      All time favorite: Hank McCoy

      Favorite actor of all time: Sir Ian McKellen.
      Sexiest actor of all time: Hugh Jackman

      Webpage address: None.

      Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. Currently working on a fanfiction
      inspired by Frank Tieri's "Weapon X."

      Do you beta-read: Yes. However, at the moment, I'd be more
      interested in beta-reading any X-Men stories that are not exclusively
      romantic. Will do all ratings, G-NC17. Not at all put off by
      slash. Can do a basic check for grammar and spelling, or if there is
      a mutual interest, more in-depth editorial work. I'm trained. :-)
    • Kali Sandison
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003

        <<All time favorite: Hank McCoy>>

        Woo Hoo!  Somebody else who likes Hank!  So nice to hear I'm not the only one.  Is your fic archived some place where we can read it?

        Kali Sandison, Kalerian@...
        "Mistress Kali"
        IRB--Anubis
        Provisional keeper of the pickles and asiago cheese in the Vecchio fridge in RWoB
        "It takes a lot of brains to enjoy humor, satire and wit-- but none to be offended by them."--The Midnight Skulker

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • birdy2912
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003
          --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, Kali Sandison <kalerian@y...>
          wrote:

          > <<All time favorite: Hank McCoy>>
          >
          > Woo Hoo! Somebody else who likes Hank! So nice to hear I'm not
          the only one. Is your fic archived some place where we can read it?

          > Kali Sandison, Kalerian@y...
          > "Mistress Kali"
          > IRB--Anubis
          > Provisional keeper of the pickles and asiago cheese in the Vecchio
          fridge in RWoB
          > "It takes a lot of brains to enjoy humor, satire and wit-- but none
          to be offended by them."--The Midnight Skulker

          > ---------------------------------
          -- Hi, Kali. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow fan of the popular,
          ever lovin', ever bouncing Beast!

          Unfortunately, I haven't written any Beast fics, not yet anyway.
          Right now, I'm working on my first fan fiction, a Weapon X story
          featuring Sabretooth, Agent Jackson and Wild Child. (as far as my
          editing skills go, I have been writing short stories for a number of
          years, just not fan fiction.)

          When I'm finished with my Weapon X story, I'll be asking for a
          beta...should be in a couple of weeks. So, if you interested, let me
          know. I'll be free then to beta read, as well.

          Hmm...got to think of a good plot for Hank.

          Sharon T.
        • ladyamothea
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 24, 2003
            Online name: Amothea

            Fav shows: stargate SG-1, Farscape, Buffy, Angel, Smallville,
            Highlander, X-Files (not the last 3 seasons of it), and Star Trek.

            Fav writers of fanfiction: too many to list

            Fav actors and actresses: Josh Hartnet, Eliza Dushku, and Collin
            Farrel

            Webpage address: http://amothea.slashcity.com/

            Do you write fanfiction?: Yes

            Do you beta-read: Yes, but not for many people.

            The fanfiction you will beta read: Just about anything that sounds
            interesting.

            The ratings of fiction you will beta read: R-NC-17 I'm not a big fan
            of G rated stories and avoid them like the plague.
          • RedYume@aol.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 16, 2003
              Name or Alias: Ari

              Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu Yasha, Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an anime fan walks among you).

              Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS Friedman, Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.

              Fav actors and actresses: None

              Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume

              Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.

              Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other Otaku out there in need of a beta?

              The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section. I'll beta read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm familiar with. Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar as well.

              The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the ladder! Up to NC-17
            • Emily Vitori
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 17, 2003
                Greetings!

                I am a fellow Anime lover, as well as a big fan of Terry Brooks! :)
                He came to a book store here in Ohio, and I now have the first three
                Shanara books signed by him. :) :) They are old and beaten books that
                were handed down to me by my sister when I was a child, and now they
                mean even more to me. I love Terry Brooks writing, as well as the
                Magic Kingdom For Sale series, and the one with the girl who was
                guardian of the woods from evil...what was that thing called? Dang it!

                Anyway, I love Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Appleseed, Lodus War, A.D.
                Police, Bubblegum Crisis, and many more if you ever need a beta
                reader. ;)

                Unfortunately, my work is strictly Marvel at the moment.

                Nice to meet you! :)

                -Syreene aka Emily

                --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, RedYume@a... wrote:
                > Name or Alias: Ari
                >
                > Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu
                Yasha,
                > Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an
                anime fan walks
                > among you).
                >
                > Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS
                Friedman,
                > Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.
                >
                > Fav actors and actresses: None
                >
                > Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume
                >
                > Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.
                >
                > Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other
                Otaku out
                > there in need of a beta?
                >
                > The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section.
                I'll beta
                > read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm
                familiar with.
                > Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar
                as well.

                > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the
                ladder! Up to
                > NC-17
              • Cari Westbrook
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 17, 2003
                  Okay, though I usually berate myself afterwards for actually speaking, I must say that I have one of the Magic Kingdom for Sale books and must ask if it's good. Though I have tried reading it, I only got a little ways into it b/c of other books that came out (namely Harry Potter). I'm not saying it's bad, but I just wanted to know. Oh, and I'm a big Animae fan, too. I love Fushugi Yugi, Gundam Wing, Inu Yasha, Vampire Hunter D, Chobits, Ranma 1/2 and almost anything else that's discussed in dear old Animae Club.

                  Emily Vitori <syreene@...> wrote:
                  Greetings!

                  I am a fellow Anime lover, as well as a big fan of Terry Brooks! :)
                  He came to a book store here in Ohio, and I now have the first three
                  Shanara books signed by him. :) :) They are old and beaten books that
                  were handed down to me by my sister when I was a child, and now they
                  mean even more to me. I love Terry Brooks writing, as well as the
                  Magic Kingdom For Sale series, and the one with the girl who was
                  guardian of the woods from evil...what was that thing called? Dang it!

                  Anyway, I love Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Appleseed, Lodus War, A.D.
                  Police, Bubblegum Crisis, and many more if you ever need a beta
                  reader. ;)

                  Unfortunately, my work is strictly Marvel at the moment.

                  Nice to meet you! :)

                  -Syreene aka Emily

                  --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, RedYume@a... wrote:
                  > Name or Alias: Ari
                  >
                  > Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu
                  Yasha,
                  > Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an
                  anime fan walks
                  > among you).
                  >
                  > Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS
                  Friedman,
                  > Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.
                  >
                  > Fav actors and actresses: None
                  >
                  > Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume
                  >
                  > Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.
                  >
                  > Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other
                  Otaku out
                  > there in need of a beta?
                  >
                  > The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section.
                  I'll beta
                  > read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm
                  familiar with.
                  > Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar
                  as well.

                  > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the
                  ladder! Up to
                  > NC-17

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • Marilyn Marsh
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
                    Hi, thought I would just put my info out there. My name is Myrrhlynn
                    and I LOVE fanfiction. I personally think it is some of the most
                    creative stuff out there. Love reading it, just to see where people
                    will go with some of my favorite stories. Anyway, I joined because,
                    well, I just started my first year in collage after being out of
                    school for 17 years, Yes, I'm that old, and I am majoring in writing.
                    I have edited several other pieces of fic just for fun and I thought
                    I would put myself out as a beta reader and actually try to help
                    someone out. Also, I hope to work up some cahona's to put out some of
                    my own work. I have put out some of my fanfic poetry before, just not
                    my stories.
                    So, I am a Babyloin 5 fan, CSI( any of them), Law & Order, The Sheild
                    (I absolutly LOVE Michael Chiklis!!!) Buffy, Charmed, Smallville,
                    Nip/Tuck, Forever Knight, Movies and books, I'm a vampire/ fantasy
                    chick. I really like well written adult or slash fic. Erotica rocks!!
                    And I have done some filking in the past. I might post my Forever
                    knight filk I did and am quite proud of. It took me almost a year to
                    write it, but I am really happy how it turned out. I have a Babylon 5
                    filk I started awhile ago, but have been quite stuck.
                    So, if anyone would like my input or help, I'm out here.

                    Myrrhlynn
                  • marimc25
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 5, 2006
                      Name or Alias: Maryilee

                      Fav shows: Early Edition, Quantum Leap, Grey's Anatomy, Emergency and
                      House.

                      Fav writers of fanfiction: peregrin anna, inkling

                      Fav actors and actresses: Kyle Chandler,

                      Webpage address: None.

                      Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, I wrote my first fanfic in about 1997

                      Do you beta-read: I have, but not for quite awhile. I took about six
                      years off to have another child. ;-)

                      The fanfiction you will beta read: I can read stuff from Emergency,
                      House, Early Edition and Quantum Leap.

                      The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Doesn't matter, but I'm
                      not interested in beta reading slash fic. Just not my cup of tea. ;-)
                    • Lissie Girl
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 17, 2007
                        Hey, new member here.  Just joined.

                        Name or Alias: BehrBeMine

                        Fav shows: 'Everwood', 'Gilmore Girls', 'Dawson's Creek', 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', 'Angel', 'Veronica Mars', 'Supernatural', 'Smallville', '7th Heaven', 'Felicity'...  Fandom whore?  That's me.

                        Fav writers of fanfiction: Anyone who constructs something beautiful.  Also, Aurora, Elaida, SexyMermaid...

                        Fav actors and actresses: Elijah Wood <3, Emily VanCamp, Gregory Smith, Orlando Bloom, Shiri Appleby, Jason Behr, Joshua Jackson, Katie Holmes, Alexis Bledel, Jared Padalecki, Chad Michael Murray.  Oh, just make me stop.

                        Webpage address: http://www.behrbemine.com/solemn/

                        Do you write fanfiction?: Oh, yes.  I have several archives, but the one listed above is for my fic alone.

                        Do you beta-read: I have very often in the past.  I'm having to take a break from it at the current time due to an illness.  But I want to have my information posted here for when I am able to jump back into it, for I enjoy doing it.

                        The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.  And I'm also into other fandoms, as well, such as Real People Fic -- LOTR Cast, Figure Skaters, Boy Bands; and I enjoy fanfiction based on books, as well.  My spectrum is very wide.  And I'm also open to exploring new fandoms that I have yet to touch, willing to check the spelling and grammar, anything that I can.  I love to help.

                        The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

                        Elise
                        - -
                        "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.  Be brave.  Live.  For me."
                        -- 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
                        - -
                        http://www.behrbemine.com/
                      • littlebell1984
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 19, 2007
                          Hey,
                          I´m new to this group an like to introduce myself.

                          Name or Alias: littlebell1984

                          Fav shows: JAG, Stargate, Buffy, X-Files

                          Fav writers of fanfiction: I have so many..

                          Fav actors and actresses: Cathrine Bell, David James Elliott, Teryl
                          Rothery, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Richard Dean Anderson...

                          Webpage address: Don´t have one

                          Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. I write in German, but i try to write
                          in english.

                          Do you beta-read: Don´t think, that my Grammer is good enough for
                          that. But if you have some German fics, i´m willing to try. I can
                          also help if someone want translating fics into German.

                          The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.

                          The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

                          Littlebell1984