My Website for writers!

  • Jennie Harris
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2003
      Hey guys i don't think ive ever posted - i may have siad hi when i
      joined but i'm not sure.

      Well i'm starting a website for writers and its going to have a
      archive. Before I get it up I thought I'd ask soem of you to go ahead
      and submit your poetry, songs, original fiction, and fanfiction.

      You'll need to send the following info with your work to jennie@she-
      loves.org:

      Work's Title
      Rating
      Summary
      Category (Adventure/Romance/Science Fiction/Mystery/Etc)
      Related Holiday

      For Fanfiction:
      What Show/Book/Movie/Etc
      Pairings
      Season (if show)
      Episode (if show)

      I would prefer you to send your work attached as a .doc .txt .wps
      or .rtf
      I am also looking for links to sites for writers and your sites.
      Articles on writing are also welcome!

      I will send the link when it's up!

      Jennie :) :) :) :) :)
      *-~-~-~-*
      "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death
      that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it
      to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past...Only I
      will remain." - Dune by Frank Herbert

      Jen's Site: http://shoeswithknives.net/jennie
      Charm Bracelet Designs: http://design.charm-bracelet.org
    • Penslayer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 27, 2003
        Hi all, since I'm a writer I'm always looking to improve, and I write everything from fan fiction to more serious stuff.But I found this book titled:"The Describer's dictionary"by David GrambsIt is FANTASTIC and a life saver for me becasue I have a very hard time trying to describe things. Also handy when I don't know the proper name for things. It gives you dozens and dozens of names for things like size, proportion, surfaces, textures, terrain and landscapes; buildings and dwellings, shapes, colors. Different words and ways to describe hairstyles and faces: eyes, noses, hands, necks, etc. Plus, it includes examples from some of the great literary masters and how they do it. It's perfect. It's a really, really, great book overall.It cost $14.95 but for me it was worth every penny and then some. I wasn't even looking for it, just browsing at the bookstore and saw it on the shelf. It's my writers bible.Just a little help if you need it. Amazon.comDedra

        "I had no idea that children, en masse, could be gracious."
        "Every now and then people surprise you."
        --Buffy and Giles

        "We'll be Friends Forever, won't we Pooh?"
        "Even longer."
        --Pooh and Piglet

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Penslayer