Introduction

  • El-Nhuilna Circle
    Message 1 of 18 , May 8, 2003

      Name or Alias: El-Nhuilna
      Fav shows: Sentinel, Sailormoon, fantasy genres (RA Salvatore!)

      Fav writers of fanfiction: Alyjude (Sentinel), Candy Apple (Sentinel), Moonchild Abigail (Sailormoon), Himeko (Sailormoon), Scribe (various fandoms)

      Fav actors and actresses: Garrett Maggart, Richard Burgi, Drew Barrymore, Fann Wong

      Webpage address: None.

      Do you write fanfiction?: Sure.

      Do you beta-read: Nope.  I don't feel I have enough knowledge on my hands to make a good beta reader yet.  someday, though!

      The fanfiction you will beta read: If asked, I would beta read for The Sentinel and Sailor Moon fanfics

      The ratings of fiction you will beta read: From G to R

      ^ - ^  I hope to meet lots of good people on this list, and hopefully get a lot done with the help of all of you out there.

    • birdy2912
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003
        Hi! I'm aj's girl.

        Currently, I'm interested in X-men fiction, both comicverse and
        movieverse.

        My two favorite X-Men Fan Fiction Writers are Blu and Minisinoo

        Current favorite X-Men characters: Wolverine and Sabretooth
        All time favorite: Hank McCoy

        Favorite actor of all time: Sir Ian McKellen.
        Sexiest actor of all time: Hugh Jackman

        Webpage address: None.

        Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. Currently working on a fanfiction
        inspired by Frank Tieri's "Weapon X."

        Do you beta-read: Yes. However, at the moment, I'd be more
        interested in beta-reading any X-Men stories that are not exclusively
        romantic. Will do all ratings, G-NC17. Not at all put off by
        slash. Can do a basic check for grammar and spelling, or if there is
        a mutual interest, more in-depth editorial work. I'm trained. :-)
      • Kali Sandison
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003

          <<All time favorite: Hank McCoy>>

          Woo Hoo!  Somebody else who likes Hank!  So nice to hear I'm not the only one.  Is your fic archived some place where we can read it?

          Kali Sandison, Kalerian@...
          "Mistress Kali"
          IRB--Anubis
          Provisional keeper of the pickles and asiago cheese in the Vecchio fridge in RWoB
          "It takes a lot of brains to enjoy humor, satire and wit-- but none to be offended by them."--The Midnight Skulker

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • birdy2912
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 12, 2003
            --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, Kali Sandison <kalerian@y...>
            wrote:

            > <<All time favorite: Hank McCoy>>
            >
            > Woo Hoo! Somebody else who likes Hank! So nice to hear I'm not
            the only one. Is your fic archived some place where we can read it?

            > Kali Sandison, Kalerian@y...
            > "Mistress Kali"
            > IRB--Anubis
            > Provisional keeper of the pickles and asiago cheese in the Vecchio
            fridge in RWoB
            > "It takes a lot of brains to enjoy humor, satire and wit-- but none
            to be offended by them."--The Midnight Skulker

            > ---------------------------------
            -- Hi, Kali. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow fan of the popular,
            ever lovin', ever bouncing Beast!

            Unfortunately, I haven't written any Beast fics, not yet anyway.
            Right now, I'm working on my first fan fiction, a Weapon X story
            featuring Sabretooth, Agent Jackson and Wild Child. (as far as my
            editing skills go, I have been writing short stories for a number of
            years, just not fan fiction.)

            When I'm finished with my Weapon X story, I'll be asking for a
            beta...should be in a couple of weeks. So, if you interested, let me
            know. I'll be free then to beta read, as well.

            Hmm...got to think of a good plot for Hank.

            Sharon T.
          • ladyamothea
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 24, 2003
              Online name: Amothea

              Fav shows: stargate SG-1, Farscape, Buffy, Angel, Smallville,
              Highlander, X-Files (not the last 3 seasons of it), and Star Trek.

              Fav writers of fanfiction: too many to list

              Fav actors and actresses: Josh Hartnet, Eliza Dushku, and Collin
              Farrel

              Webpage address: http://amothea.slashcity.com/

              Do you write fanfiction?: Yes

              Do you beta-read: Yes, but not for many people.

              The fanfiction you will beta read: Just about anything that sounds
              interesting.

              The ratings of fiction you will beta read: R-NC-17 I'm not a big fan
              of G rated stories and avoid them like the plague.
            • RedYume@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 16, 2003
                Name or Alias: Ari

                Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu Yasha, Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an anime fan walks among you).

                Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS Friedman, Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.

                Fav actors and actresses: None

                Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume

                Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.

                Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other Otaku out there in need of a beta?

                The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section. I'll beta read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm familiar with. Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar as well.

                The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the ladder! Up to NC-17
              • Emily Vitori
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 17, 2003
                  Greetings!

                  I am a fellow Anime lover, as well as a big fan of Terry Brooks! :)
                  He came to a book store here in Ohio, and I now have the first three
                  Shanara books signed by him. :) :) They are old and beaten books that
                  were handed down to me by my sister when I was a child, and now they
                  mean even more to me. I love Terry Brooks writing, as well as the
                  Magic Kingdom For Sale series, and the one with the girl who was
                  guardian of the woods from evil...what was that thing called? Dang it!

                  Anyway, I love Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Appleseed, Lodus War, A.D.
                  Police, Bubblegum Crisis, and many more if you ever need a beta
                  reader. ;)

                  Unfortunately, my work is strictly Marvel at the moment.

                  Nice to meet you! :)

                  -Syreene aka Emily

                  --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, RedYume@a... wrote:
                  > Name or Alias: Ari
                  >
                  > Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu
                  Yasha,
                  > Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an
                  anime fan walks
                  > among you).
                  >
                  > Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS
                  Friedman,
                  > Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.
                  >
                  > Fav actors and actresses: None
                  >
                  > Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume
                  >
                  > Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.
                  >
                  > Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other
                  Otaku out
                  > there in need of a beta?
                  >
                  > The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section.
                  I'll beta
                  > read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm
                  familiar with.
                  > Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar
                  as well.

                  > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the
                  ladder! Up to
                  > NC-17
                • Cari Westbrook
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 17, 2003
                    Okay, though I usually berate myself afterwards for actually speaking, I must say that I have one of the Magic Kingdom for Sale books and must ask if it's good. Though I have tried reading it, I only got a little ways into it b/c of other books that came out (namely Harry Potter). I'm not saying it's bad, but I just wanted to know. Oh, and I'm a big Animae fan, too. I love Fushugi Yugi, Gundam Wing, Inu Yasha, Vampire Hunter D, Chobits, Ranma 1/2 and almost anything else that's discussed in dear old Animae Club.

                    Emily Vitori <syreene@...> wrote:
                    Greetings!

                    I am a fellow Anime lover, as well as a big fan of Terry Brooks! :)
                    He came to a book store here in Ohio, and I now have the first three
                    Shanara books signed by him. :) :) They are old and beaten books that
                    were handed down to me by my sister when I was a child, and now they
                    mean even more to me. I love Terry Brooks writing, as well as the
                    Magic Kingdom For Sale series, and the one with the girl who was
                    guardian of the woods from evil...what was that thing called? Dang it!

                    Anyway, I love Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Appleseed, Lodus War, A.D.
                    Police, Bubblegum Crisis, and many more if you ever need a beta
                    reader. ;)

                    Unfortunately, my work is strictly Marvel at the moment.

                    Nice to meet you! :)

                    -Syreene aka Emily

                    --- In Beta_Unlimited@yahoogroups.com, RedYume@a... wrote:
                    > Name or Alias: Ari
                    >
                    > Fav shows: Escaflwone, Weiss Kreuz, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu
                    Yasha,
                    > Record of Lodoss Wars, X 1999, and many others. (Sorry guys, an
                    anime fan walks
                    > among you).
                    >
                    > Fav writers of fanfiction: (fan fiction) Sarah-neko, (writers) CS
                    Friedman,
                    > Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks.
                    >
                    > Fav actors and actresses: None
                    >
                    > Webpage address: www.angelfire.com/space/redyume
                    >
                    > Do you write fanfiction?: Yep, it's addicting.
                    >
                    > Do you beta-read: Yep, and I'm ready for a new story. Any other
                    Otaku out
                    > there in need of a beta?
                    >
                    > The fanfiction you will beta read: See my favorite show section.
                    I'll beta
                    > read for other shows, anime and non-anime, but I prefer what I'm
                    familiar with.
                    > Style is my strong suit, but I can handle spelling and most grammar
                    as well.

                    > The ratings of fiction you will beta read: All the way up the
                    ladder! Up to
                    > NC-17

                    Do you Yahoo!?
                  • Marilyn Marsh
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 13, 2006
                      Hi, thought I would just put my info out there. My name is Myrrhlynn
                      and I LOVE fanfiction. I personally think it is some of the most
                      creative stuff out there. Love reading it, just to see where people
                      will go with some of my favorite stories. Anyway, I joined because,
                      well, I just started my first year in collage after being out of
                      school for 17 years, Yes, I'm that old, and I am majoring in writing.
                      I have edited several other pieces of fic just for fun and I thought
                      I would put myself out as a beta reader and actually try to help
                      someone out. Also, I hope to work up some cahona's to put out some of
                      my own work. I have put out some of my fanfic poetry before, just not
                      my stories.
                      So, I am a Babyloin 5 fan, CSI( any of them), Law & Order, The Sheild
                      (I absolutly LOVE Michael Chiklis!!!) Buffy, Charmed, Smallville,
                      Nip/Tuck, Forever Knight, Movies and books, I'm a vampire/ fantasy
                      chick. I really like well written adult or slash fic. Erotica rocks!!
                      And I have done some filking in the past. I might post my Forever
                      knight filk I did and am quite proud of. It took me almost a year to
                      write it, but I am really happy how it turned out. I have a Babylon 5
                      filk I started awhile ago, but have been quite stuck.
                      So, if anyone would like my input or help, I'm out here.

                      Myrrhlynn
                    • marimc25
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 5, 2006
                        Name or Alias: Maryilee

                        Fav shows: Early Edition, Quantum Leap, Grey's Anatomy, Emergency and
                        House.

                        Fav writers of fanfiction: peregrin anna, inkling

                        Fav actors and actresses: Kyle Chandler,

                        Webpage address: None.

                        Do you write fanfiction?: Yes, I wrote my first fanfic in about 1997

                        Do you beta-read: I have, but not for quite awhile. I took about six
                        years off to have another child. ;-)

                        The fanfiction you will beta read: I can read stuff from Emergency,
                        House, Early Edition and Quantum Leap.

                        The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Doesn't matter, but I'm
                        not interested in beta reading slash fic. Just not my cup of tea. ;-)
                      • Lissie Girl
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 17, 2007
                          Hey, new member here.  Just joined.

                          Name or Alias: BehrBeMine

                          Fav shows: 'Everwood', 'Gilmore Girls', 'Dawson's Creek', 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', 'Angel', 'Veronica Mars', 'Supernatural', 'Smallville', '7th Heaven', 'Felicity'...  Fandom whore?  That's me.

                          Fav writers of fanfiction: Anyone who constructs something beautiful.  Also, Aurora, Elaida, SexyMermaid...

                          Fav actors and actresses: Elijah Wood <3, Emily VanCamp, Gregory Smith, Orlando Bloom, Shiri Appleby, Jason Behr, Joshua Jackson, Katie Holmes, Alexis Bledel, Jared Padalecki, Chad Michael Murray.  Oh, just make me stop.

                          Webpage address: http://www.behrbemine.com/solemn/

                          Do you write fanfiction?: Oh, yes.  I have several archives, but the one listed above is for my fic alone.

                          Do you beta-read: I have very often in the past.  I'm having to take a break from it at the current time due to an illness.  But I want to have my information posted here for when I am able to jump back into it, for I enjoy doing it.

                          The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.  And I'm also into other fandoms, as well, such as Real People Fic -- LOTR Cast, Figure Skaters, Boy Bands; and I enjoy fanfiction based on books, as well.  My spectrum is very wide.  And I'm also open to exploring new fandoms that I have yet to touch, willing to check the spelling and grammar, anything that I can.  I love to help.

                          The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

                          Elise
                          - -
                          "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.  Be brave.  Live.  For me."
                          -- 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
                          - -
                          http://www.behrbemine.com/
                        • littlebell1984
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 19, 2007
                            Hey,
                            I´m new to this group an like to introduce myself.

                            Name or Alias: littlebell1984

                            Fav shows: JAG, Stargate, Buffy, X-Files

                            Fav writers of fanfiction: I have so many..

                            Fav actors and actresses: Cathrine Bell, David James Elliott, Teryl
                            Rothery, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Richard Dean Anderson...

                            Webpage address: Don´t have one

                            Do you write fanfiction?: Yes. I write in German, but i try to write
                            in english.

                            Do you beta-read: Don´t think, that my Grammer is good enough for
                            that. But if you have some German fics, i´m willing to try. I can
                            also help if someone want translating fics into German.

                            The fanfiction you will beta read: Anything from any of my shows.

                            The ratings of fiction you will beta read: Anything.

                            Littlebell1984