I HAVE AN IDEA TO SAVE THE SHOW! NOT A GOOD ONE BUT STILL...(OtP)

  • Archangel009@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2000
      BEFORE ANY OF YOU ERASE THIS MESSAGE, LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY!!

      OKAY, WE ALL KNOW THAT NBC IS MOST LIKELY NOT GOING TO SHOW THE PRETENDER NEXT SEASON RIGHT? THEN LET'S DO THE LOGICAL THING, WRITE A LETTER AND TELL THEM TO SELL THE SHOW!!

      WHAT WE CAN DO IS WE CAN WRITE TO OTHER TELEVISION STATIONS (CBS, FOX, ETC.) AND TELL THEM THAT IT'S A GOOD BUSINESS MOVE IF THEY BUY THE SHOW, I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND FAR-FETCHED AND PROBABLY EVERYONE WOULD CALL ME AN IDIOT FOR SUGGESTING THIS BUT THIS IDEA HAD BEEN BOUNCING AROUND IN MY MIND FOR QUITE A WHILE AND I'M GETTING *DESPERATE* SO I'M SORT OF GRABBING AT STRAWS HERE.

      T.N.T PAID SOMEWHERE BETWEEN $250,000-500,000 FOR EACH OLD EPISODE, THAT MEANS IT'S COST THEM OVER $22 MILLION TOTAL FOR THE RIGHTS TO THE SHOW. "THE PRETENDER" IS #59 ON THE LIST OF "MOST POPULAR TV SHOWS" SO FORGET ABOUT SPENDING OUR OWN MONEY TO BUY THESE VIDEOS UNLESS YOU'RE A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE. BUT IF WE GET THE BIG TELEVISION STATIONS TO BUY THE SHOWS, NOT ONLY WOULD *WE* GET TO SEE THOSE SHOWS, MAYBE IT'LL BE PLACED IN A *BETTER* TIME SLOT!

      THINK ABOUT IT, IF THEY'RE PLACED IN A *BETTER* TIME SLOT, IT'LL HAVE *BETTER* RATINGS, *MORE* VIEWERS AND EVERYONE'S HAPPY, ESPECIALLY WHEN WE'LL GET TO KEEP ON WATCHING IT UNTIL IT'S 7TH YEAR!

      BEFORE WHEN JAG WAS AIRING ON WHAT WAS IT, NBC? I DIDN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT IT AND BLEW IT OFF BUT WHEN IT WAS PLACED IN A BETTER TIME SLOT IN CBS, I ACTUALLY STARTED WATCHING IT AND STARTED LIKING THE SHOW MORE AND MORE, BUT NEVER MORE THEN THE PRETENDER :)

      WHAT I'M SAYING IS, INSTEAD OF PLEADING NBC ABOUT GIVING THE PRETENDER ANOTHER SEASON, WHY DON'T WE DO SOMETHING ELSE, TELL THEM TO SELL THE SHOW. THOSE THAT ARE STILL GOING TO KEEP ON PLEADING, MAYBE GIVE THEM AN EXAMPLE OF JAG, THAT IN A DIFFERENT TIME SLOT IT'LL WORK BETTER.

      ARCHANGEL

      PS: HOLD ON, DO BOTH, ASK THEM TO GIVE THE SHOW ANOTHER SEASON AND ALSO IF THEY DON'T, TELL THEM TO SELL THE SHOW. BUT YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE FIRST STEP AND WRITE THAT LETTER.