Lenox volunteer fire/ambulance donations

  • guzzywater
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2011
      By now the word has gotten around that Christine got hurt yesterday on negative
      3. She is doing ok after surgery- broke her patella- nasty fall. The reason for
      this post is two fold- one I would like to take up a collection to give the
      Lenox ambulance and fire squads a token of appreciation- they are all volunteers
      and love pizza or donations for gas or equipment. They sat and ran the ambulance
      for 2 hours to keep it warm, let us sit in it and were just great in all
      respects. They took the little fire truck with trailer and ATV up to the logging
      landing as well so lots of responders. They were totally awesome in their
      response time and help. If you come Sat to the KP work party I will have a
      donation jar or drop a few bucks off at Clearwater Natural Foods in Lenox or at
      the Arcadian Shop or mail to Clearwater, 11 Housatonic St Lenox 01240 and in a
      couple of weeks I will take it over to them.

      The other issue is that we debated whether to call Pittsfield or Lenox
      ambulance. I discussed this with the ambulance guy and he said Pittsfield would
      have gotten to the town line, stopped and called Lenox- big delay so we did the
      right thing in calling Lenox. I suppose if you were nearer Kirvin Park you would
      call Pittsfield. And just by chance there is an EPO around feel free to call
      them- you never know. He was a huge help- he just happened to be pulling into
      the pump house lot right behind the ambulance, had an ATV so he took the
      paramedic from Lenox from the pumphouse on his ATV up to the entrance to -3 off
      of Idiot hill. Ruth