Fwd: learn english, help me

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      "I saw you playing basketball yesterday " or "I saw you were playing basketball
      yesterday." Both of these are correct. The first means that yesterday I actually saw you playing basketball. The second means that I visually learned somehow that you spent time yesterday playing basketball. Maybe I actually saw you doing it (most likely), or maybe when I was at the gym I saw that you had signed into the basketball court yesterday, even though I did not actually see you playing. The difference is that the first says "I saw you doing something," while the second says "I saw what you were doing [though I may or may not have seen you].

      Bruce (Texas, USA)

      Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 15:31:54 -0000
      From: "agungkb" <agungkb@...>
      To: Bruce <bruceem@...>
      Subject: learn english, help me bruce!!!

      I have problem about this sentence,which one is correct " I saw you
      playing basket yesterday " or " I saw you were playing basket
      yesterday". if there are mistakes in my letter here I hope you don't
      mind to give the right one. thank U for helping me.

      Sincerely yours

      AGUNG