Re: [BelajarEnglish] what's the difference between "admit" and "recognize"?

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
      Faez--

      Both are okay. The difference in meaning is that "admitted" is past tense: in the past I told someone that I was wrong--the telling (admitting) occurred in the past and my being wrong was in the past also. "Admit" is present tense. In the second example, you are saying "I'm telling you right now at this moment (the present) that I (at some time in the past) was wrong."

      Bruce (Texas, USA)

      f a e z <faez.zain@...> wrote:
      dear bruce i need your help regarding below sentence.

      "I admitted I was wrong" or "I admit I was wrong"

      which one is right? Thank you.