Error

  • Wooi, Evelyn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hello Mr. Muhdisa,

      Thank you very much for highlighting my spelling error.
      I truly appreciate the step that you have taken.

      I have learnt something new; I had always thought that
      "resmi" is the new spelling for "rasmi". Now, thanks to you,
      I know the difference. Bahasa Malaysia is a very beautiful
      language.

      Regards
      Evelyn
      > --------

    • Wooi, Evelyn
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2002
        4th March 2002

        Hello friends,

        I am sorry I have mis-typed an error and I wish to
        correct it quickly so that you will not learn the wrong grammar.

        Wrong : A large amount of the stock seem to be missing.

        Correct : A large amount of the stock seems to be missing.

        "A large amount" is categorised under "singular" and therefore,
        it should be followed by "seems" instead of "seem".

        Sorry, ya
        This is the poor result of "not doing it right the first time".

        Regards
        Evelyn

      • Wooi, Evelyn
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 21 5:16 PM
          22nd August 2002

          Hello friends,

          In my haste (hurry) to leave the office yesterday,
          I inadvertently (not intentionally) sent this e-mail.

          It had an error in the following sentence. I am very sorry.
          Can you detect it?

          ///

          > Our word is MUMBLE.

          Meaning = To speak in a voice and tone that is
          > unrecognisable. It is not distinctive to the ear.

          The answer is below ...

          Meaning = To speak in a voice and tone that ARE
          unrecognisable.

          "are" is in the plural form (more than one) whereas
          "is" is for a singular item.

          Regards,
          Evelyn