144th month newsletter

  • pgreenfinch
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2012
      Hi, dear members and visitors,
      this is your 144th month newsletter

      Presidential election day, here.
      Fundamental Heisenberg cum Pinocchio uncertainty at work!

      What a candidate, or another, or all candidates, say might
      make voters feel happy or unhappy (affect heuristic?).

      It does not solve the mystery about what the chosen sovereign
      would really do once sitting on the coveted throne.

      1) Thought of the month

      I will just mention something I saw as quite positive
      in the last month.
      Several members kept us informed of recent research done
      in topics that are the bread and butter of this forum

      Hearty thanks to Martin, Alex and Go ga!

      Hoping there will be further advances in that direction!

      2) Monthly activity

      The message total reaches 9310, thanks to the (modest in
      number) jump mentioned above
      Our membership stays at around 1750 - 1760 (non bouncing
      members).

      3) Our free BF/BE resources at your fingertips 24/7:

      * The "links" access in this group homepage is of course helpful.

      * Your diligently maintained and improved BF glossary.
      500+ definitions, many of them as stand-alone encyclopedic
      articles,
      http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pgreenfinch/bfglo/bfglo.a.htm

      => Our permanent "quality" poll about that resource is
      running at:
      *** Thanks for your opinion**

      * Martin Sewell's academic treasure chest in BF topics,
      that site is a must for students and researchers:
      http://www.behaviouralfinance.net/

      * Your behavioral stockpricer:
      http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pgreenfinch/pricer.htm

      * Our group charter
      http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Behavioral-Finance/files/
      (click BF Group charter.doc)
      also available at:
      http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pgreenfinch/befigrouppolicy.htm

      ** Remember, you need a *yahoo ID/profile* to access all
      Yahoo group's resources (polls, links and files).
      To get it, click "account info" (in the group's homepage
      or your "my groups" page) and fill in the info you deem
      appropriate. ID-less members can be permanently moderated.

      Wishing an interesting and productive month
      All the best!

      Peter