141st month newsletter

  • pgreenfinch
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2012
      Hi, dear members and visitors,
      this is your 141st month newsletter

      1) Thought of the month

      Frankly, is the general economic / financial / monetary situation
      really different from 2 months ago ?
      But the market sentiment shifted from panic / demonization (a one-
      sided one, focused on the euro) towards sudden hope. As if
      uncertainties (a poison for markets) got replaced, at least for a
      time, by rosy beliefs, built on the other side of the pond, whatever
      the dire budget situation and other unsolved issues there.
      Behavioral finance or manipulative finance ?
      Of course the later can use the former.

      2) Monthly activity

      The message total stays at around 9290
      Our membership is around 1760, a constant slow decline
      .
      3) Our free BF/BE resources at your fingertips 24/7:

      * The "links" access in this group homepage is of course helpful.

      * Your diligently maintained and improved BF glossary.
      500+ definitions, many of them as stand-alone encyclopedic
      articles,
      http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pgreenfinch/bfglo/bfglo.a.htm

      => Our permanent "quality" poll about that resource is
      running at:
      *** Thanks for your opinion**

      * Martin Sewell's academic treasure chest in BF topics,
      that site is a must for students and researchers:
      http://www.behaviouralfinance.net/

      * Your behavioral stockpricer:
      http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pgreenfinch/pricer.htm

      * Our group charter
      http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Behavioral-Finance/files/
      (click BF Group charter.doc)
      also available at:
      http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pgreenfinch/befigrouppolicy.htm

      ** Remember, you need a *yahoo ID/profile* to access all
      Yahoo group's resources (polls, links and files).
      To get it, click "account info" (in the group's homepage
      or your "my groups" page) and fill in the info you deem
      appropriate. ID-less members can be permanently moderated.

      Wishing an interesting and productive month
      All the best!

      Peter