132nd month newsletter

  • pgreenfinch
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2011
      Dear members and visitors!
      Here is our 132nd month newsletter

      1) Thought of the month

      The Forex, and the sovereign bonds rates, are now the big game
      in town
      This is quite different from the stock market game.
      The fundamentals are macroeconomics, while stocks are micro.

      There are specific incertainties, linked to international politics.
      Governments are hard players, and they have a few tricks in their bags.
      But they seem to become preys more than predators, as they lose
      their good old privileged position.
      Globalization reduced the nations' role, power and clout.

      A special aspect is the structural change occuring on the US dollar
      and the US T bonds.
      Those tremendous assets have been the top dogs, the pivot of the
      system, the center of that financial universe.
      But both are losing gradually their lustre.
      This creates a growing void, a lack of a solid standard of value (*),
      This lack of stable reference makes the game more chaotic / erratic.

      Some pundits even wonder if the whole system is not going to fall
      apart.
      Is the new "gold rush" an advance signal of that potential collapse?

      There are certainly members of our group who have an extendive
      knowledge of those markets.
      => Can they give us some hints about the specific behavioral traits
      seen in those arenas? And about their effects?
      => Also, who knows specific academic studies about this?

      (*) btw, I wrote a little thing, still a draft, about what a new
      monetary standard could be:.
      http://knol.google.com/k/peter-greenfinch/towards-a-world-currency/2m7299842u04v/181#

      2) Monthly activity
      Again, we saw only a messsage trickle
      The total since the start of this forum is 9215.
      Hope we reach 10k ...in this century ;-))

      Our membership is still ca. 1800 non bouncing members.
      Gains and losses stay balanced

      3) Our free BF/BE resources at your fingertips 24/7:

      * Your diligently maintained and improved BF glossary.
      500+ definitions, many of them as stand-alone encyclopedic articles,
      http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pgreenfinch/bfglo/bfglo.a.htm

      => Our permanent "quality" poll about that resource is running at:
      *** Thanks for your opinion**

      * Martin Sewell's academic treasure chest in BF topics,
      that site is a must for students and researchers:
      http://www.behaviouralfinance.net/

      * Your behavioral stockpricer:
      http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pgreenfinch/pricer.htm

      * Our group charter
      http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Behavioral-Finance/files/
      (click BF Group charter.doc)
      also available at:
      http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pgreenfinch/befigrouppolicy.htm

      ** Remember, you need a *yahoo ID/profile* to access all
      Yahoo group's resources (polls, links and files).
      To get it, click "account info" (in the group's homepage
      or your "my groups" page) and fill in the info you deem
      appropriate. ID-less members can be permanently moderated.

      Wishing an interesting and productive month
      All the best!

      Peter