Re: [Behavioral-Finance] Re: Psychophysiological correlates of trading success?

  • Michael Wannke
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2011
      Dear Martin,

      thank you very much!
      Michael
      Am 03.02.2011 11:04, schrieb Martin Sewell:

      On 03/02/2011 09:45, Michael Wannke wrote:
      > Is there any research trying to link psychophysiological parameters like
      > heart rate, skin conductance level, etc., with the outcome of trading
      > activities? Does anyone know of such research?
      > The only study in this field, that I know so far, is A.Lo et al,
      > 2002:http://web.mit.edu/alo/www/Papers/lo_repin2002.pdf, which is
      > certainly an interesting first study, but I wonder whether
      > this has induced further studies in this field.

      The following papers cite Lo and Repin (2002)
      <http://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?cites=9436865366045421410>.

      Regards

      Martin

      --
      --------------------------------
      Dr. Michael Wannke

    • Michael Wannke
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
        Dear Franco,

        also, I thank you very much - your studies shed interesting light on the general questions what "cognitive" means and how conscious versus uncouncious processes play a role when trying to find investment decisions. In that sense,
        the studies you mentioned might be part of an explanation of the neuropsychological link between emotion (and its underlying neuropsychological processes) and logical thinking.

        Michael

        Am 03.02.2011 21:56, schrieb Franco Tippi:

        Again tangential (maybe less so, this time) and apologies in advance to Peter but this 2008 study (I believe based on measurements of skin electrical resistance) showed that the subjects made decisions 300 milliseconds prior to becoming consciously aware of which button they had decided to press. This adds to my previously sent article on dopamine reward systems inside the brain......
        Love to read any comments, views from members as this is a fascinating area....

        http://theness.com/neurologicablog/?p=273

        Franco