RE: [Behavioral-Finance] Digest Number 805

  • Bob Bronson
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 6, 2002
      The two attached .gif file charts demonstrate how
      Fibonacci counts of waves (cycle trends) essentially
      got started (but they are only an approximation of
      nested fractal binary harmonics) plus a simple
      empirical application.  Their application comes
      more from dynamical systems than from investor
      behavior.

      Bob Bronson
      Bronson Capital Markets Research

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 6, 2002
        Bob, this is not the first time you stroll outside
        our topics, and give us those kinds of attachments.
        Or they have some relations for BF, or you run the
        risk that some narrow-minded people like me take them
        for nursery school drawings.
        If behavioral finance is not your cup of tea, which
        I can understand perfectly, I am sure you can find
        plenty of other fora, more open-minded, that might be
        interested in your advanced cyclology research.
        PG

        --- In Behavioral-Finance@y..., "Bob Bronson" <bob@b...> wrote:
        > The two attached .gif file charts demonstrate how
        > Fibonacci counts of waves (cycle trends) essentially
        > got started (but they are only an approximation of
        > nested fractal binary harmonics) plus a simple
        > empirical application. Their application comes
        > more from dynamical systems than from investor
        > behavior.
        >
        > Bob Bronson
        > Bronson Capital Markets Research

        Service.
      • Bob Bronson
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 6, 2002
          Yep, this is not the first time you exhibit narrow-
          mindedness. I've been involved with Behavior Finance
          since probably before you got out of school, so your
          trying to dis me out with your cute rudeness won't
          work. But you sure display a different tone when you
          want me to help you. Should I explain that further?

          As I pointed out, there is a fundamental geometry
          that even aperiodic and non-periodic cycles reflect,
          which technicians try to analyze, as Dick March just
          pointed out. Although we are not technicians, we
          have reconciled <<all>> technical chart patterns and
          have been able to distinguish what usually works
          (very little) and what does not (most of the patterns).

          And by "appropriately" anticipating the completion
          of the key patterns, we have been able to successfully
          partial position in our money management business,
          which we believe is the ultimate test for any theory.

          As I said, nested fractal binary harmonic sequencing
          comes more from dynamical systems than from investor
          behavior, but the resultant technical trend-following
          brings such chart pattern recognition into the back
          door of BF with both self-fulfilling and self-defeating
          aspects.

          I can understand perfectly if you don't agree, but
          that says much less about the subject at hand than
          it does about your unjustified belligerent and
          condescending attitude.

          Your nursery-school drawing nemesis,

          Bob Bronson
          Bronson Capital Markets Research

          P.S. BTW, what exactly have you been able to
          successfully predict with your understanding
          of BF or how the capital markets really work?

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 6, 2002
            --- In Behavioral-Finance@y..., "Bob Bronson" <bob@b...> wrote:
            > Yep, this is not the first time you exhibit narrow-
            > mindedness.

            Maybe not the last, if you are so nice again to offer
            me the opportunity.

            > I've been involved with Behavior Finance
            > since probably before you got out of school, so your
            > trying to dis me out with your cute rudeness won't
            > work. But you sure display a different tone when you
            > want me to help you. Should I explain that further?

            Very curious to hear about that.

            > As I pointed out, there is a fundamental geometry
            > that even aperiodic and non-periodic cycles reflect,
            > which technicians try to analyze, as Dick March just
            > pointed out. Although we are not technicians, we
            > have reconciled <<all>> technical chart patterns and
            > have been able to distinguish what usually works
            > (very little) and what does not (most of the patterns).
            >
            > And by "appropriately" anticipating the completion
            > of the key patterns, we have been able to successfully
            > partial position in our money management business,
            > which we believe is the ultimate test for any theory.
            >
            > As I said, nested fractal binary harmonic sequencing
            > comes more from dynamical systems than from investor
            > behavior, but the resultant technical trend-following
            > brings such chart pattern recognition into the back
            > door of BF with both self-fulfilling and self-defeating
            > aspects.

            > I can understand perfectly if you don't agree,

            Agree with what? With impressive multifractals wording,
            but without the least precise info? Do you intend to go
            on with such ambiguous talk? Is there something behind
            that might be linked to our topics? And in that case,
            can you tell us exactly how? Or do you consider it is
            above us to understand? Or a big trade secret (so why
            introducing it?)? Or do you just want to impress us
            and tell us how good you are?
            I really wonder what is your agenda.

            >but
            > that says much less about the subject at hand than
            > it does about your unjustified belligerent and
            > condescending attitude.
            >
            > Your nursery-school drawing nemesis,

            Nemesis, oh boy, do you really feel well?
            Good night
            PG.
          • Bob Bronson
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 6, 2002
              First, PG, you chaff at my bringing the subject
              up, and then, when you recognize other's interest
              in it, you try to save face and reverse gears
              complaining that I didn't provide enough detail.
              Sure enough, PG, you're a real wizard at playing
              ping pong dialecticism.

              Actually, the behavioral problem you are exhibiting
              here is your inability to see others except through
              the narrow lenses of your own jaded motivations.

              Suggested therapy since we're on the subject of
              bi-polarity: take lithium and try to stop second
              guessing my agenda, which is nothing more than
              information exchange, and take account of your
              unjustified belligerent and condescending attitude.

              Have a good night yourself.

              Bob Bronson
              Bronson Capital Markets Research

              P.S. Despite your taking it out of context, I've
              continued this on the original posting thread so
              the origin of this ad hominem discussion is always
              clearly ascertainable.

            • pgreenfinch <pgreenfinch@wanadoo.fr>
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 7, 2002
                Seen your pitiful reply, as usual without the least
                substance for our topics. I will not try to guess
                your real purpose but what I see is that the means
                for it are obviously to perturbate the group with
                your self-praising. So I will not leave you doing it
                and your membership will be cancelled if you don't
                change your attitude. As a first step, your messages
                are moderated from now on.
                PG
                PS. Obviously like you I leave the original thread,
                although you were quite selective by not quoting your
                first interventions. Well, even with your truncations
                what is here shows already sufficiently that you went on,
                like in other threads in the past, in not giving any
                information for our topics. Just maybe because you
                don't have any, whatever your self-praise about your
                knowledge and accomplishments.
                PG

                --- In Behavioral-Finance@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Bronson" <bob@b...>