Re: [Beekeeping] Maximum hives per 8000 acres of mixed pasture/forest?

  • C. Michael Arnold
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2007
      We actually only farm 13 acres. What sort of forage is available in a two
      mile radius (8000 acres) from your place in Michigan? We are in a rural
      area but it's more livestock than crops. I worry that there's not enough
      forage. See below for details. Thanks!
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2007
        I actually live in a lake community, lots of gardens
        and wooded areas. There isn't a lot of livestock
        around or field crops but there seems to be plenty
        because my hives are boming already.
        --- "C. Michael Arnold" <mike@...>