Italian Russian

  • Ferguson Apiaries
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2003
      We have been using Buckfast exclusivly that have been breed from England and Denmark.  They are great winterers and our losses have been around 5% the last  few years.  There clusters are smaller but they have produced an average ove 20% more than the lines before. My Italians were tarable when the mites first apeared and I tried to improve the stock by selection.  After a couple of years of heavy losses. 65% I just switched.

      Ferguson Apiaries
      Hensall, On
      519-236-4979