Russian vs. Italians

  • oildrum55
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 10:25 PM
      I will be expanding the beeyard next week with 20 4# packages of
      Taber Italians. I was thinking about getting an additional 5
      packages of Russians of the same weight. My questions are: 1.Is it
      good to mix them in the same beeyard? (100'x 100') 2. Are the
      Russians more agressive than the Italians? 3. Are the Russians
      better honey producers? 4.Wintering is not a problem here in
      California, but do they build strong spring brood strength?
      Thanks for your help and best to you all1