Honey grading for hobby beekeepers

  • eilflbk
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hi,

      I'm new to the group and have been a beekeeper for 4 yrs. in FL. FIL
      got me interested in the hobby. My BIL is commercial beekeeper up
      north and raises bee packages. I like being a hobby beekeeper just
      fine.

      Does anyone know of a good way to tell what kind of honey from the
      hive that you have, other than guessing what's blooming at that
      time? I can't afford an expensive grader. Just wondered if anyone
      else has any tips.

      Thanks.

      Eileen
      Eifl@...