Re: [Beekeeping] interesting beekeeping item

  • FarmerBrown49@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2007
      In a message dated 04/30/07 2:47:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time, kgbenson@... writes:
      Y'know, I can see comb honey, and I can see extracted honey, but what
      is the allure of the chunk honey?

      Keith

      Sammy Replies:  It gives the consumer a taste of both so to speak.  The Chunk honey is much easer to produce than section honey and you don't have to be so picky about what the chunked honey comb looks like as you do the comb honey.  The chunked honey is one piece of honey comb inside the jar with extracted or other wise liquid honey around it.  When producing chunked honey you can use less than perfect honey comb.  One other thing it brings a much higher price than extracted alone and is fairly close in price to section honey.  With comb honey and section honey the caps need to be white with a little air space just under the cap this is what gives it the white color.  If there is on air space under the capping's the caps take on the color of the honey under them.  This reduces the selling qualities of the comb honey but does not affect the chunked honey.

      Sammy
      For my profile visit http://www.sammymbrown.com
      Honor Our Americans who have died in the Name of Freedom visit, http://www.americanfallen.com
      Our web site: http://brownsapiaries.com/