Hi all

  • wildhog62us <fhill@iocc.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2003
      Hello everyone. I'm in Southwest Arkansas and wanting to get started
      in beekeeping. At the present time I have no hives or anything. I
      would appreciate any and all advice for a beginner. Thanks Freddie
    • B.J.Newton
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2003

        Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 3:29 PM
        Subject: [beekeeping] Hi all

        Hello everyone. I'm in Southwest Arkansas and wanting to get started
        in beekeeping. At the present time I have no hives or anything. I
        would appreciate any and all advice for a beginner. Thanks Freddie

        to new beekeeper sart by joining your local beekeeping groop and get used to bees.

      • john casey
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2003

           "wildhog62us <fhill@...>" <fhill@...> wrote:

          Hello everyone. I'm in Southwest Arkansas and wanting to get started
          in beekeeping. At the present time I have no hives or anything. I
          would appreciate any and all advice for a beginner. Thanks Freddie

          TRY ORGAIC AND HORTHLAND BEE CLUBS ON YAHOO READ READ DO WHAT YOU READ READ SOME MORE FIND A LOCAL BEEKEEPER

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • LJHuston3, Earthlink
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2003
            I agree 110% about finding a local beekeeping club and a local beekeeper.
            Another good source of counsel is a local beekeeping supplier. It's
            important to find out what typical practices are in your geographical area.
            But keep in mind: there are as many techniques as there are beekeepers :)

            There are loads of great books to help a new beekeeper. The two books I
            started with were "First Lessons in Beekeeping" by Dadant (good basic
            technical stuff and technique, with lots of pictures), and "The Queen and I"
            by Ed Weiss (real-life, no nonsense technique and personal experience).
            They were stocked at my local beekeeping supplier, and they were great first
            references. There's "Beekeeping for Dummies", and if you really want to
            chow down on deep beekeeping texts, there's "The Hive and the Honey Bee" and
            "The ABC and XYZ of Beekeeping". A beekeeping club in your area might have
            copies to lend. I now have quite a collection of books - here in
            Connecticut where I can't work the bees in winter, I read up on them!

            I don't know what the weather is like there, but around here this would be
            an ideal time to get connected, start learning, buy equipment to assemble,
            and get ready to obtain some bees!

            - Leslie

            Hello everyone. I'm in Southwest Arkansas and wanting to get started
            in beekeeping. At the present time I have no hives or anything. I
            would appreciate any and all advice for a beginner. Thanks Freddie

            Message: 2
            Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 15:34:11 -0000
            From: "B.J.Newton" <beejnewton@...>
            Subject: Re: Hi all

            Hello everyone. I'm in Southwest Arkansas and wanting to get started
            in beekeeping. At the present time I have no hives or anything. I
            would appreciate any and all advice for a beginner. Thanks Freddie

            to new beekeeper sart by joining your local beekeeping groop and get used
            to bees.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            [This message contained attachments]

            Message: 3
            Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 08:00:37 -0800 (PST)
            From: john casey <jrc57013@...>

            "wildhog62us <fhill@...>" <fhill@...> wrote:Hello everyone. I'm
            in Southwest Arkansas and wanting to get started
            in beekeeping. At the present time I have no hives or anything. I
            would appreciate any and all advice for a beginner. Thanks Freddie

            TRY ORGAIC AND HORTHLAND BEE CLUBS ON YAHOO READ READ DO WHAT YOU READ READ
            SOME MORE FIND A LOCAL BEEKEEPER
            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            [This message contained attachments]