Genetic engineering

  • austin_cwby_singr
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      I kept a couple of hives as a teenager in the 80's. I would like to
      get back into beekeeping if I can find a place to keep them. I was
      wondering what kind of studies have been done on genetic engineering
      in bees. Has anyone considered engineering stingless honeybees?
    • dickbeekeeper
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
        >Has anyone considered engineering stingless honeybees?

        >I believe God already did that one.

        To my understanding they defend their hives by biting.

        Regards,
        Dick Allen