Greetings fellow beekeepers

  • oldgoat842002
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 29, 2006
      Just wanted to drop a little note and let anyone interested know that I
      finally bottled my harvest from this year and I got my average, about
      30 pounds from 9 frames. Beatiful, clear, clover and/or wild flower
      pollen with maybe a little raspberry and grapes (oh yeah three or four
      apples nearby too) honey. Very thick with lots of wax output which I
      finally made into some candles. I keep my bees here in SE Minnesota.
    • tom langley
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 29, 2006
        That sounds like some awesome tasting honey.
        Tom

        oldgoat842002 <reburnett84@...> wrote:
        Just wanted to drop a little note and let anyone interested know that I
        finally bottled my harvest from this year and I got my average, about
        30 pounds from 9 frames. Beatiful, clear, clover and/or wild flower
        pollen with maybe a little raspberry and grapes (oh yeah three or four
        apples nearby too) honey. Very thick with lots of wax output which I
        finally made into some candles. I keep my bees here in SE Minnesota.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Stefani Leto
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 29, 2006
          I pulled 30-40 pounds out of a first-year hive this year. Because we have lots of wild fennel, the honey has a faint licoric-y aftertaste. People are raving.

          Guess what we gave for Christmas?
          I can hardly wait to expand next spring.
          Stefani

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • M Nist
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 30, 2006
            Hello All,

            Life takes some unexpected turns -- my husband has been suddenly offered
            a job in Florida, he accepted and we're moving!!

            Realizing that taking my 4 hives with me would not be an option, I put
            out my "Moving Sale" list to my state beekeeping group.

            All was sold within 4 hours! maybe I asked too little but really I
            didn't have time to fool around and haggling over prices.

            If you're curious, here's what sold and the prices that I asked for
            them. DON'T ASK TO BUY THIS STUFF BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY GONE. THIS IS FOR
            INFORMATION PURPOSES

            HERE'S THE LIST:

            2 Dadant BeeMax Hives with BEES (each has 2 hive bodies + 3 supers and
            frames in each part. Bottom boards, inner and outer covers) Here is a
            link that tells about BeeMax hives:
            <https://www.dadant.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=611>

            2 wooden hives with BEES (each has 2 hive bodies + 2 supers and frames in each
            part. Bottom boards, inner and outer covers)

            *Each hive is $130* Buy both of the BeeMax hives and get an
            additional super FREE

            1 wooden hive no supers (2 hive bodies, bottom board, inner and outer cover, 10
            frames in each body) $50

            4 top feeders $8 each

            1 wooden nuc box with 5 frames practically new $15

            1 empty wooden hive box (no frames, no bees) $5

            1 Alexander veil, need hat or helmet to go underneath $8

            --Madeleine in NJ
          • Rick Hood
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 30, 2006
              M Nist wrote:

[...]

              I am in Maryland and interested, where in NJ are you?
            • Germanbee5@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 30, 2006
                In a message dated 12/30/2006 8:41:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, mnist@... writes:
                Hi Madeleine,
                We do let bees in from NJ. They just have to be inspected either by your state bee Inspector, I'm not sure who it is any more but you can call your State Dept. of Ag. Plant Ind. or you have 30 days in florida till you have to be Registered and bees inspected for AFB. Your bees would love the Fl. weather and in most cases we have 5 to 11 honey flows in the year.
                 But if you choose not to bring them I hope you get back in the bees here....We do have some good beekeeping clubs.

                Thanks
                David W.

              • M Nist
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 30, 2006
                  Hi Rick

                  Please read my letter again carefully. In CAPITAL LETTERS I wrote:

                  DON'T ASK TO BUY THIS STUFF BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY GONE. THIS IS FOR
                  INFORMATION PURPOSES

                  Sorry.

                  --Madeleine in NJ

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 30, 2006
                    Hi Dave

                    Thanks for the info but the bees are already in their new homes
                    somewhere on a farm in South Jersey.

                    I'd love to stay in beekeeping but it just isn't going to be soon.

                    Thanks,

                    --Madeleine in NJ