Re: [beekeeping] Re: Honey pot design question

  • Stefani Leto
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2006
      I would love that, but the top would have to be fairly small in diameter so you could see what you were dropping honey on to.

      Stefani

      Mike Stoops <mws1112004@...> wrote:
      queenannsrevenge200 2 <queenannsrevenge200 2@...> wrote:
      Kelly - Wow, beekeeping and pottery, deadly combination. (I love
      pottery!). I have a feeling that the more common type with the notch and spot for
      the dipper would sell better,

      Have you thought about making your own pot lids with attached dippers?  Cut the lid to fit the pot and use slip to attach the knob on top.  For dipping cut four or five small circles and attach them to a descending stem from the bottom of the lid.  Use very thin sections of stem between the circles (attached also with slip) as the dipper mechanism.  Let dry in the proper position and then fire it up.  You could even dip the dipper in the glaze of your choice.