RE: [beekeeping] slant front

  • Lew Best
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2006
      I don't know; mine just have the bottom boards with the little "straight
      porch" on them. that said, I'm in the process of converting to screen
      bottom boards (for ventilation as well as mite monitoring) and as I do I
      close the bottom entrances & just crack the lid open a bit giving them
      top entrances (which of course have no "landing porch"). Works fine.
      Think about it; most feral hives in trees, walls, etc. have no porch;
      just a hole to come & go so I don't think it makes a difference.

      Lew Best near Waco, TX
      List owner of the following swap lists you might be interested in
      beekeeping_exchange-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      homestead_small_farming_exchange-subscribe@yahoogroups.com