RE: [beekeeping] Population Explosion!

  • Mike Stoops
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 29, 2006
      Suzanne Stone <sistone2001@...> wrote:
      Yes, Pictures are good.....I like pictures..

      Suzanne
      _

      You ain't seen a picture of me yet.  I'm proof of the exception to the rule.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Jon McFadden
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 4, 2006
        Hi John,
        I had to do a search to find the article on the Mother Earth website. The link didn't work for me. That is a novel approach using the right angle foot from an outboard motor.

        Another solution to the reduction is to purchase the gears from the folks that manufacture extractors. I replaced the crank handle and a couple of bearings on my extractor sevreal years ago cheap. There are two gear manufactures that sell to the public; one is Boston Gear and the other is Chicago Gear??. I don't know if they sell plastic gears or not. The gears in my old extractor are not machined. They are cast steel but I think the new plastic ones would be preferred.
        Regards,
        Jon

        John McMurray <wa4fla@...> wrote:
        Here is a good home made extractor I just finished and used cheap to
        make and effective
        http://www.motherea rthnews.com/ library/1981_ March_April/ A__Honey_ _of_
        an_Extractor
        Good Luck