Re: [beekeeping] Queens?

  • BetsyKlinger@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
      Thank you SO much!       -Betsy

      Go to the North Carolina Agricultural Review and check out the classified Beekeeping stock. There's several good choices this Spring.  I believe that Jack Tapps "Ranch" is the hives one can see just before the I-40/15-501 turn off into Chapel Hill (That's right next door to Durham).  Never dealt with him myself but he's one of the NC Beekeeping Association Major-Domos and has a splendid reputation.  Or go to the NC state Beekeepers Association website and take your choice of any county between Durham and Charlotte.  Lots of small timers raise Queens on the side. Your possibilities are endless!!
      I need a laying queen.  I live in the Washington DC area but am leaving tomorrow to drive to Durham, North Carolina, then to the Charlotte NC area and and back to Maryland.  Does anyone know of anyone along that route who may have laying queens available?     BK

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Betsy
    • Donald Plisco
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
        I never met a queen that didn't lay.

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
              In other words, get a sense of humor. Life is far too short.

              Don

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                Go to the North Carolina Agricultural Review and check out the classified Beekeeping stock. There's several good choices this Spring.  I believe that Jack Tapps "Ranch" is the hives one can see just before the I-40/15-501 turn off into Chapel Hill (That's right next door to Durham).  Never dealt with him myself but he's one of the NC Beekeeping Association Major-Domos and has a splendid reputation.  Or go to the NC state Beekeepers Association website and take your choice of any county between Durham and Charlotte.  Lots of small timers raise Queens on the side. Your possibilities are endless!!
                I need a laying queen.  I live in the Washington DC area but am leaving tomorrow to drive to Durham, North Carolina, then to the Charlotte NC area and and back to Maryland.  Does anyone know of anyone along that route who may have laying queens available?     BK
              • Chip Phelps
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                  Folks,

                  I deal w/ Jack Tapp all the time. Wonderful guy! Don't know if he can
                  help though. Too many people here are hitting him up for Queens and
                  Nucs.

                  Here's his web site: http://www.ncagr.com/NCproducts/ShowSite.asp?ID=2086
                  Here's his phone number to call him directly: 919-942-2006

                  Good luck!

                  -Chip

                • FarmerBrown49@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                    In a message dated 4/10/2006 3:18:19 P.M. Central Daylight Time, dplisco@... writes:
                    All the queens I've ever heard about, lost their virginity at puberty on the streets of San Francisco.

                    Sammy Replies:  Oh, I though we were talking about bees not you and your kinfolks.    See I do have a sense of humor.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                      Then how come they gave me your address as a reference? LOL

                      Don

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                        In a message dated 4/10/2006 7:52:51 P.M. Central Daylight Time, dplisco@... writes:
                        Then how come they gave me your address as a reference? LOL

                        Don

                        Sammy Replies:  As a reference for your counseling maybe?  If you tend to lean that way maybe you need counseling, I don't know.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                          My wife laughed at that suggestion...She say's the only thing I lean on, is my cane, since I'm too old, fat, and have too much gray in my beard..  LOL

                          Don

                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                            Thank you both very much for your helpful information!     -Betsy

                            David Browder wrote:
                            > Go to the North Carolina Agricultural Review and check out the
                            > classified Beekeeping stock. There's several good choices this
                            > Spring.  I believe that Jack Tapps "Ranch" is the hives one can see
                            > just before the I-40/15-501 turn off into Chapel Hill (That's right
                            > next door to Durham).  Never dealt with him myself but he's one of the
                            > NC Beekeeping Association Major-Domos and has a splendid reputation.
                            > Or go to the NC state Beekeepers Association website and take your
                            > choice of any county between Durham and Charlotte.  Lots of small
                            > timers raise Queens on the side. Your possibilities are endless!!

                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            Thank you both very much!

                            Betsy
                          • FarmerBrown49@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                              In a message dated 4/10/2006 8:17:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time, dplisco@... writes:
                              My wife laughed at that suggestion...She say's the only thing I lean on, is my cane, since I'm too old, fat, and have too much gray in my beard..  LOL

                              Don
                              Sammy Replies:  LOL Understand perfectly.  I fit that category myself except what little hair I have left is also too gray.  If you dare you can see a picture of me on the Messianic Hebrews web site at www.messianichebrews.com That picture is about 10 years old and I have avoided getting another picture taken.  LOL  Gota be on my toes now days my son got one of those cell phones that take pictures too.  He has tried to get a Newer picture but hasn't gotten one yet.