Re: NEW TOPIC . . sort of...Re: [beekeeping] Russian queens

  • tlcrosley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18 11:31 AM
      I put the second brood chamber on June 20, then checked the hive approx 3 weeks later.  I was surprised to find it completely full!  I was in a panic because I didn't have any supers to put on it, so I quickly ordered some and got them 4 days later.  I put a honey super on last Friday (with a queen excluder between the deep and super.)  I'll check it on Saturday to see how they're doing, if the weather co-operates.  This hive is my first one ever.  I started late April with about 10,000 bees.  Italians.  Judging from what little experience I have, they seem to be doing pretty good.
      Leah in Brockport, PA