Re: [beekeeping] Talk to me about swapping

  • ace
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hi DO: I am about 4 hrs north of you and our winters are about the same as
      yours. I run about 200 hives and I find that when I first go in in the
      spring (feb. here) that they are usually in the top box and very little or
      nothing going on in the bottom, so I switch boxes. The advantage is that
      they will then move into the top box and not think about swarming for
      awhile.

      ace